Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » This area is for staff and volunteer replies ONLY, please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This area is for staff and volunteer replies ONLY, please.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a reminder to users: please do NOT reply to a post you have not started in this area of the boards.

For various reasons, users sometimes want both fast and staff or volunteer-only answers to a question, usually because they are not asking for an opinion, but for as informed an answer to their question as possible, or for an answer specifically from the perspective of someone directly affiliated with Scarleteen.

All other areas of the boards are areas in which any user may reply, and where users may post who are actively seeking any and all replies.

Users who continually cannot follow this directive may have their posting privledges suspended. For everyone's sake (including that of the volunteers who have to answer questions, moderate discussions AND clean up wayward posts), please keep your replies to user's posts to the rest of the boards.

Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An emergency or crisis situation is one of these:
quote:
1. A person may have a real unwanted pregnancy or STD risk
2. A person's life may be in imminent danger (suicide threat, or threat from an abusive lover, parent, relative, etc.)
3. A person needs help reporting and/or coping with a sexual assault
4. A person needs help reporting and/or coping with physical, sexual or emotional abuse
5. A person may have committed a crime either knowingly or unknowingly and needs legal help

If your questions do not fit one of these categories, we recommend you post to a forum better suited to address your needs.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kukki
Neophyte
Member # 41533

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kukki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was raped about two moths ago and since then i have had a period on average every two weeks Also i am eating twice as much and drinking more than i probably should.

My friends have told me it is possible to have your period whilst being pregnant and one of my work mates had a baby boy recently although she didn't know she was pregnant due to having peiods all the way though the pregnancy.

Please reply quickly as i am too scared to go to doctors for i don't want the police involed i would rather just forget this ever happend

Posts: 2 | From: Scotland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome at Scarleteen, Kukki. I'm really sorry to hear what you've been through.

Know that, if you are bleeding every two weeks, that's not likely to be a regular period. I would really urge you to see a doctor about this. You don't have to tell them what happened if you do not want to, but getting medical care is really important.

As menstruation is the flushing out of an unfertilized egg and uterine lining, it is NOT possible to have a period and be pregnant. It is possible to have unexplained vaginal bleeding during a pregnancy, but that would not necessarily occur at the same time as a regular period, and would not look like a regular period. Also, it's generally something worth checking with a doctor about, just to be on the safe side.

Since it has been two months since the rape, if you are concerned about pregnancy, you will want to take a pregnancy test as soon as you can, so that if you are indeed pregnant, you still have some time to decide what you want to do about it.

I hear you saying that you just want to forget what happened, and I can absolutely relate to that sentiment, but here's the hard truth about sexual assault and rape: you cannot just forget about it. As much as it sucks, a rape is something that you have to work through and learn how to deal with. I would really encourage you to seek out some professional help in this, and if you let us know where you are, we can help you find some resources in your area.

In the meantime, how does your support system look? Have you been able to talk to friends, family, a mentor, etc?

Again, I would really urge you to seek medical care to find out the cause of your irregular bleeding, and also to see about STI testing.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kukki
Neophyte
Member # 41533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kukki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Joey,
It's okay i know where the nearst clinic is
Also My Fience and my friends are helping me through it all they have been very supportive.
Again Thanks,
Roxanna

Posts: 2 | From: Scotland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that you have people who are supporting you.

If you need any extra help dealing with this, you can always ask us.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kes335577
Neophyte
Member # 39460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kes335577     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two nights ago my bf was out of town and his best friend invited me to a party. I went w 2 of my friends and we were drinking. he kept pushing me to drink more and more and was giving me shots. whenever i said no hed be like ur not really drunk its fine. then he asked me to go to the store w him to get more drinks and food for every1. as i was leaving my friend wanted to come too but he said no just me. i didnt really think anything of it but once we got in the car long story short he continued to give me booze and attacked me. i pushed him off but i really dont remeber what happened after that.

the next day i told my bf. at first his friend denied it but then admitted that he hit on me and went after me. but he said we had sex. i dont remeber but i think we did.

my problem is that now my bf thinks he wants to break up. i keep saying its not my fault but he says im still responsible and he cant get over what happened. is this date rape? i really feel like it is. the whole night he was trying to get me drunk and my friend told my bf that but his friends are deffending the guy. theyve been bff forever so hes kinda on their side.

i cant imagine loosing him. i cant sleep. i cry constantly. i know that this is not my fault but hes blaming me. he keeps aying that he loves me but cant get past this. what can i say to him? how can i make him understand that this isnt my fault? i really need him to get through this. hes so important to me. hes not just my bf but my best friend too. i need his support. pls help me

Posts: 7 | From: chicago | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kes,

First off, I'm very sorry that that happened to you. You're absolutely right that it's not your fault. This sounds like a planned attack, like this guy was trying to hurt you.

Secondly, can you start your own thread by pressing the "New Topic" button at the top of this page (right under all of the navigate stuff). Posts are much less likely to get missed that way.

Now, is this the same guy you were talking about in this thread:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/37/t/000003/p/2.html#000115

If so, he really sounds like bad news anyways. If he can't believe that you were hurt, taken advantage of, and assaulted (by someone who clearly planned it), this is NOT someone you want to be with. If you do want to stay with him, I'd encourage getting him to read up on some of these issues, starting with this article here http://www.scarleteen.com/what_is_rape_what_is_it_like_to_be_raped

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ndfan
Neophyte
Member # 42934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ndfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Sorry to bother you again but, I recently had a pregnancy scare! All of my pregnancy tests came back negative and I got two periods since April 15th! Tonight, as of right now I am having chest pains, and pains in my side! Is this a sign of eptopic pregnancy, I am really scared!!!! What could this be?

Posts: 10 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, next time you post a question, make a new thread, okay? Thanks!

Severe pain that keeps up is something to have a doctor look at. There are so many things chest pains and pain in the side can be, from minor to very serious, that you want to be seen. Ectopic pregnancy may present one of those symptoms, but who knows what it could be. I'd get checked out.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeislittleforme
Neophyte
Member # 43724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeislittleforme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im 16yrs old , n a week back i had sex wid my bf. this is my first time, i didnt take in the penis but he just kept it there and and tried to ejaculate, well he did so n thoguh he removed it imediately i think some fell on my vagina, i went n washed , but im still afraid ... do u think dat i can get pregnant... u c im frm india and things r vry orthodox here...im totaly scraed and der r no places wer i can go n check easily
plz reply as soon as possible
do u think dat i can get pregnant..plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
sandy

Posts: 4 | From: india | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sandy,

This situation does present a significant STI and pregnancy risk. It's too late for emergency contraception, so you'll have to wait about another week to take a pregnancy test. You can also wait several weeks and simply wait for your period.

In the future, do try to hold off on sexual activity until you have access to a reliable method of birth control, such as condoms.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeislittleforme
Neophyte
Member # 43724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeislittleforme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god so i am going to get pregnant,
im shit scared
wht are the pregnancy tests
are they costly
oh yaar im goin to die if im prgnant

--------------------
sandy

Posts: 4 | From: india | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Sandy, you should be able to buy a pregnancy test at any pharmacy or place were you can get medicine. They should not cost very much, and the pharmacist or chemist can explain how to use one. You could probably also get condoms at the same time.

If you feel like you would want to die if you are pregnant, then I STRONGLY advise that you hold off on all sexual activity until you no longer feel that way.

lifeislittleforme
Neophyte
Member # 43724

thanks a lot atm1 4 al the help, though im totaly upset,ill go take a test as soon as possible, but what if im pregnant
then wht do i do...
will it lead to abortion,
isnt der ne other way

--------------------
sandy

atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Keep in mind you need to wait until it's been 10-14 days after the risk. Waiting the full 14 means it's more likely to be accurate. Once you have your results, we can help you figure out what to do from there.
Ally Luft
Neophyte
Member # 45202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ally Luft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night was my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend and we've had sex before and yes it has already been protected until just last night. It was my last day of my period and we let our minds step into matter and we got a lil out of control and he ejaculated inside of me..I took the "morning after" pill just today. Could I be pregnant?

PLEASE HELP

--------------------
-aLuft(:

Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destiny Bermudez
Neophyte
Member # 59009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destiny Bermudez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
growing up I was sexually abused by my older cousin for just about my entire life. I never told anyone until last year and she was my spanish teacher, She and I are really close so right after the abuse stopped I told her. SHe contacted authorities and my family says Im lying about it. But I dont want to press charges because Im afraid the court wont believe me. Im not expecting anyone on here to believe me, I mean why would you? It just hurts so badly and I see a therapist and she knows about the "abuse" and she feels for me. But im just so confused and hurt and she thinks I denied it wiht my last therapist which i didnt i just never discussed it, with my new therapist I didnt want to tell her but after about 7 or 8 months I came out and told her. I dont let it ruin my life, i just dont discuss it with anyone except that teacher and I dont deny it happened well I do to my docs and stuff but thats pretty much it. Im just lost and hurt and I feel almost angry at the world. Im sorry if you think im lying bc Im not, but you can believe what you want. Im just feel melancholy over the situation but nnot depressed

--------------------
Thanks,
DMB

Posts: 3 | From: none :) | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kj3857
Neophyte
Member # 107447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kj3857     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really am concerned that I'm pregnant. My boyfriend and I had a pregnancy scare last month and I ended up taking Plan B less than 12 hours later. I got my period just about on time and it wasn't a big deal. A couple days after my period ended (on May 1) we had dry sex although I am seriously concerned about pregnancy because there was a little genital to genital contact (I've read some of the postings you have on here about it). He says it wasn't a risk at all and that I shouldn't worry about it. I am a little concerned. I started having period-like bleeding this afternoon (two weeks early) and I'm worried this is implantation bleeding and not my period. Could Plan B have thrown my cycle that badly that my period would be so early? I'm going to take a pregnancy test soon but I have to wait a few more days before I can take it.
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey kj3857, Welcome to Scarleteen.

In the future if you click on the section you want to post in and scroll to the bottom of the posts there is a "Post a new thread" option. That way you have your own and we can be sure not to miss it.

Plan B can cause cycles to be off. If it is more than just spotting it's not implantation bleeding. So keep an eye on it and see if it evens itself out - if it's bleeding like a normal period then that's what it is.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3415 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annemieke_xo
Neophyte
Member # 108291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annemieke_xo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have currently started the contraceptive pill, Loette. I was on it for 7 days. And I was forced into having unprotected sex. He didnt ejaculate inside me. But I'm just wondering what the chances are that I could be pregnant ? I constantly feel sick, but I'm not sure if that's just a side effect of the pill? Please help. I can't turn to my mum because she will just get angry at me.
Posts: 6 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Annemieke_xo,

Can you start a new topic with this question? Just click the "new topic" button at the top or bottom of the page. This helps us keep this area well-organized. Thanks!

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.