Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could i get pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could i get pregnant?
Lateey
Neophyte
Member # 108234

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lateey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i were fooling around and he ejaculated on my virgina,we didn't have sex and im a virgin.I took a morning after pill(Marvelon 28) but it was almost 48 hours after it happened.So im worried could i get pregnant?This happened 3 days ago please help me.
Posts: 2 | From: Khartoum | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lateey and welcome to Scarleteen,

Do you mean that your boyfriend ejaculated on your bare vulva (the outside of your vagina)?

if so, that is a way someone could get pregnant.

Emergency contraception (the morning-after pill) can be effective up to 120 hours after a pregnancy risk, so you did take it at a time when it could work.

Because you did have a pregnancy risk and even though you did take emergency contraception, you'll want to take a pregnancy test. it won't be accurate now. pregnancy tests are accurate when taken 14 or more days after a pregnancy risk.

The sexual activity you describe is also a way that STIs (sexually transmitted infections) can be spread. have both you and your boyfriend been tested for STIs?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millionthoughts
Neophyte
Member # 108202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millionthoughts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi can someone please reply to me. I have made a new top post on the board crisis
Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lateey
Neophyte
Member # 108234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lateey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes he ejaculated on my bare vulva
I will take the pregnancy test after 14 days and i'll tell my boyfriend so that we can be tested for STIs.
Thank you.

Posts: 2 | From: Khartoum | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome.

here's some more information about safer sex.

Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.