Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » This is good, right? :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is good, right? :)
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goldenrush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! So before I start, let me just say that I am so grateful that I found this website a few weeks back. You guys really do a great job with answering questions thoroughly and from a logical standpoint. [Smile]

So, anyway, you probably all remember me, and if you don't let me fill you in real quick (no, I'm not going to ask a repeat question [Smile] ) About three weeks ago, my boyfriend and I had sex. We used a condom and as far as I know, nothing broke and it never slipped all the way off. Since it was my first time, I was being very worried and paranoid about pregnancy. I think I might have even made myself believe that I was having symptoms. I couldn't take the anxiety anymore so I told my parents, and we talked about my options if I were pregnant.

Anyway, to make a long story short, a few days ago, I started getting my typical pms symptoms, which I thought was odd because my last period was on the 23rd of July. I FELT like I was going to get my period, my typical symptoms include acne, bloating, cramps and stomach pains, and terrible mood swings the day off my period starting. So yeah, I started breaking out (gross I know, I have clear skin up until its pms time) I felt bloated and crampy, and my breasts felt a little sore and tender, but much less than they normally do.

And guess what? Last night (sometime after midnight) I went to the bathroom and when I wiped i saw what always looks like the start of my period. By the time I had gotten a pad, it had already gotten into my underwear. This morning I'm still bleeding, and its a bit heavier than it was last night, like enough to get on a tampon to the point where its covered in it.

So my question to you guys (and hopefully my last question so that I may put this whole thing to rest) does this sound like a period to you guys? Like, it doesn't sound like implantation bleeding does it? I know implantation bleeding usually is just a few spots of blood and its very rare, but I don't want to be tooooo relived about this until I know for sure. Is it normal for a period to be a week early if these last couple months Ive been sort of regular. Could stress and sex have thrown off my cycle a little bit?

Also, if this little detail helps, the blood is very dark in color, and its mixed with red flecks and clots. I'm also having a bit of cramps.

Thank you! I really think that this is my period. I'm actually a little grateful it came early [Smile]

P.s. Ive started counseling to help with my anxieties. I had my first session last week and I think its going to really help me live a happier life! [Smile]

Posts: 41 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Goldenrush,

I'm so glad to hear you were able to start counseling and that you're feeling hopeful about it.

Sounds like you've got your period. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goldenrush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you! So it's normal for it to come a week early if I'm normally regular?
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's often some variation in when exactly a period will come. Even for folks who have regular cycles, periods can still be early or late from time to time.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Okay! Thank you! I feel like I dodged a bullet here with this (I know I wasn't at a serious risk of pregnancy, but I'm sure most girls at some point in thier lives have had a pregnancy scare) I'm DEFINITELY going to be more careful in the future.

Oh, and one more question. Is it normal for a period to be not as heavy as some? And also, do we always get the same pms symptoms before we have our periods? Like, I had almost all my symptoms except my breasts weren't as sore as they usually are. Also, since I got most of my typical pms symptoms a few days before I started bleeding (break outs, mood swings, bloated feelings, etc) and since I've been bleeding since last night, even though it's lighter and earlier than my normal period, can I KNOW that this is my period and that it's not implantation bleeding?

I always thought implantation bleeding was just a few spots and then nothing more, and it doesn't continue for hours or days. I don't quite understand implantation bleeding I guess. I know it's rare though, from what I've read on this site. And I REALLY don't think I'm pregnant anymore. But there's still that tiny bit of doubt that this may not be my period. It's very dark, but it does drip a bit into the toilet when I go to the bathroom, so there's definitely a flow. But like I said, it's lighter than my normal periods, but it's definitely blood. It's only the first real day of it too.

Thank you all so much for the help and support! This really has been a rocky month. But I think everything's gonna be fine now! [Smile]

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just like it's normal for periods to vary in terms of when they show up, premenstrual symptoms, heaviness/lightness of flow, etc. are also variable. I don't see a reason to assume that what you're experiencing is anything other than your period, but of course none of us here are Uterine Psychics and we can't see inside your body to know exactly what's happening

You've also taken pregnancy tests that have turned out negative, so I don't see a reason to worry about implantation bleeding here.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

It just got really heavy and bright red. So that can't be implantation bleeding.

I think it's time to move on. Thank you all for the support. I'll be sure to recommend someone to this web site if know someone in the future who ever goes through this. Though I would never wish it upon anyone to feel the fear I felt. Pregnancy scared are, scary. Very scary. But it's over now. Thank you all! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.