Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could i be pregnant or just stressed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could i be pregnant or just stressed?
Zmdrng
Neophyte
Member # 108221

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Zmdrng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I put the condom on wrong in the dark on August 2, and we quickly fixed it after a second. Precum may have touched the tip, but as far as my understanding, there is no sperm in precum after urination as the acidity kills any sperm left over from a previous ejaculation and flushes it out. I was not ovulating at the time, and although you may get pregnant at any time, i've been told chances slightly lower when not ovulating. My period was due the following week. I still haven't gotten my period, and everyone is telling me it is most likely because i stressed myself over what has happened. I am showing no pregnancy symptoms at all, and i understand it is way too early to even experience, but even symptoms most women receive before the missed period, i'm not showing. Is the delay of my period due to the fact I can't take my mind off of it and keep "tricking" myself to worry?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you've already posted this question here:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002588/p/1.html#000000

Per the guidelines, we ask that users not make multiple posts of the same thing. Please feel free to post in your original topic if you want to converse further about this.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello Zmdrng,

There are a lot of reasons why a person's period might not come when they expect it.

Here's some information on that:

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

I'm not sure what you mean by symptoms that most women get before their missed period. For the majority of people, unless they're looking out for pregnancy and are testing for it, the first indication they have that tells them they might be pregnant *is* a missed period.

What you describe with the condom mishap does not significantly increase the chances of pregnancy. For future reference, if that happens, you will want to use a new condom rather than reversing the one you're using.

Are you and your boyfriend up-to-date on your STI testing?

If you are concerned about pregnancy, you can take a pregnancy test. here is information on pregnancy testing, including when to take a test to ensure that the result will be accurate.

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.