Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » please help :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help :(
bella968
Neophyte
Member # 108173

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bella968     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were fooling around the other night, and I was giving him a handjob. He ejaculated on to my hand. I went upstairs and washed my hands (with soap and warm water although not for very long) I came back downstairs and he had cleaned up with tissues. He didn't have any immediately on his hand, but im sure some contact was made when he was cleaning up. We kissed for a while, and probably 15 minutes later he went upstairs to wash his hands before we went any further. Now, while I was waiting for him to return, I reached down and touched myself, just briefly, to check if I was wet enough from foreplay to ensure there wouldn't be any pain or trouble. I immediately remembered that he had cleaned up his ejaculate and then possibly touched my hands while we were kissing.. he came downstairs and then fingered me, after washing his hands.. we are usually very careful and smart about these things, so this little mishap has gotten me worried.. I know I am probably just over-reacting but I am quite nervous that there is a chance of pregnancy from this contact.. My boyfriend and I have both been tested for STIs and are in an monogamous 6 month relationship and so I have no fears of any STI, just pregnancy. I should also mention I am on birth control, and I am pretty good about taking it every day. But I recently developed an ovarian cyst.. is it possible that my birth control is not working?
so I guess my questions are
1) would the length of time that the semen was outside the body lower the chances of pregnancy (20 mins)
2) does washing hands effectively remove/kill semen
3) does the scenario I presented lead to any chance of pregnancy? (there was no visible semen on me or my boyfriend when contact to my vagina was made)
4) any information you have about cysts and birth control?

please help, I am so nervous, its keeping me up at night.. I just want some advice.. thanks!

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, bella, welcome to the boards. [Smile]

We have a bunch of content on the main site (and in the boards, too), which can answer these questions for you, so why don't I get you started with some of those, okay?

Here you are:
• Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
• Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
• http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patricia_h/2013/03/21/whos_afraid_of_sperm_cells

Per what isn't in that content:
• No, developing ovarian cysts doesn't mean BC isn't working. People on and off hormonal BC get cysts.
• I'm not sure what information you're asking for per cysts and birth control: can you be a little bit more specific?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bella968
Neophyte
Member # 108173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bella968     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for the information, I read some of these articles already actually and they do ease my mind a bit, I guess I just needed someone to tell me its going to be okay! What I gather is the chances are very low that I could have gotten pregnant? And as for the cysts and birth control, I was just wondering if it means that ovulation is occurring which I thought wasn't supposed to happen on birth control? I am a little confused on the whole process! Thank you so much, for answering me, I think this site is such a wonderful idea to educate and help people [Smile]
Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm the same person that wrote most of those articles, so you know what I have to say about it. [Smile]

You use the birth control pill and also didn't engage in the kinds of sex or contact that present a risk of pregnancy. So, this isn't low risk: this has been no risk in that department.

Developing cysts doesn't mean a person must be ovulating: there are people post-menopause who have ovarian cysts, after all. Sounds like you could use more information from your healthcare provider about your cysts: when do you see them next?

And you're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bella968
Neophyte
Member # 108173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bella968     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay thank you so much, I feel so relieved. I know logically my panic didn't make much sense but once I get something in my mind I find it hard to let go! and actually I just had an appointment yesterday afternoon about the cyst, it was just quick but I do have another one coming up soon to get an ultrasound and check it out, so I will be able to ask more questions there [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

Great. It might help to write down all the questions as you have them, so when you go in, you can just bring it and be sure to get all the information you need. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.