Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » BC situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BC situation
Friskyfox
Neophyte
Member # 43721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friskyfox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evening,

I currently take a combination bc.
I take it at an I would assume typical use, where I take it at 8:30 pm. Yet sometimes I forget and take it in the mornings. I always take each pill in less than 24 hours. Though I did miss a pill and took two pills as directed on the package at the start of the second week.

Recently I just change times from 11:00 am to 8:30 pm on this pack.

I feel I am spotting a little bit due to missing a pill.

I had sex this morning. 7/26/13 The person I was with used the withdrawal method correctly coming on my stomach.

While I have consulted with the percentage statistics, and I should be okay. But I am wondering if Emergency Birth control is the route I should go.

Thank you for your time.

--------------------
there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Posts: 10 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like your assessment that you are in the typical use range for pill protection is likely correct. Missing one pill in a cycle won't drastically lower your effectiveness as long as you take all of the other pills around the same time.

This also means that taking EC would not have any significant impact on your protection. However, whether or not to take it is a decision you need to make yourself based on what you think feels best to you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friskyfox
Neophyte
Member # 43721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friskyfox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your quick reply.

I have decided not to take emergency birth-control, because I feel I should be fine. As I have used back-up with the withdrawl method, and even my bc says that I should take in no less than 24 hours, which is what I have been doing.

Recently however I have been feeling pain on the left side of my body in the ovary/uterine region and of course my mind likes to play tricks on me saying it's an early sign of pregnancy. I know this is near to impossible. Considering anything like implantation should not be detectable until after a week, if even then. I'm just worried that maybe my hormones are a little off this month, as for the rest of the pack (a 2 pills + week of blue, and a week of placebo) and maybe this is due to the release of an egg. Could that be possible?

I'm still spotting a bit more,so it's a bit scary, but that could also be a contribution to sex, since I am not sexually active often with my partner, and we're a bit rough. Yet I was not bleeding right after sex, beyond the little bit of spotting. On my 'fake' period I consider myself a heavy bleeder. Yet my period is a week from now. I just don't want to know that this is the onset of my period, because my hormones decided not to work. Which is again not possible as I should still be getting a steady amount of hormones. As I am now making a point to take the pills 'perfectly' to reduce any more risk if possible.

Is there anything I should be worried about, ultimately due to this pain. The back of my mind says I am still in the window for emergency bc, but I really don't think I have that much of a risk. My partner has explained to me, that he took the precautions to pullout entirely, and it would be next to impossible. We've done this before, and I've been perfectly fine with it. I don't see why my anxiety is flaring up this one time.

Thank you again for your time.

--------------------
there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

Posts: 10 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just couldn't possibly know what that pain on your left side is related to: only an in-person healthcare provider could help with that.

We also can't know why you're having anxiety now over something you haven't before, but you can probably figure that out for yourself: why do YOU think this is happening?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.