Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy Concern!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Concern!
robinsmith
Neophyte
Member # 108073

Icon 4 posted      Profile for robinsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically my girlfriend and I have never had actual sex but we have been in bed together and there was once some fingering. At one point I ejaculated (my clothes were still on) and I got a small wet patch on my denim shorts. During this time there was also some fingering going on, and although I did not touch my penis I am afraid that I may have slightly touched my fingers with the wet patch on my shorts and I am scared that sperm cells might have travelled from my finger into my girlfriends vagina. I did not have any visible sperm on my fingers, that I can confirm. What I am scared of is that I may have had invisible sperm cells on my finger?! (Is at least some seminal liquid required for pregnancy or would invisible cells be enough?)
Therefore, first of all, is it possible for sperm to travel through underwear and denim? I know that it is possible for some of the liquid to pass through clothes as I got a wet patch, but can the actual sperm itself travel through clothing and remain alive? Also, is it possible to have sperm on your fingers if you are sure that there absolutely wasn't any visible semen? Moreover, I was not fingering her deeply, but rather stroking her vaginal lips. What are the chances of her getting pregnant this way? Might I add that this happened on 06/27/2013 and she told me her next period should be some time around 07/28/2013, therefore according to my calculations the date on which this happened was during her 'safe period'.

Posts: 9 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards. [Smile]

As mentioned in the user registration agreement, before posting, we ask users to search the main site, and the boards too, if they like, to be sure their question hasn't already been answered.

This kind of question has, in many ways, so can you first take a look at the existing content and answer we have on the site, starting with links like these?

• Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
• Pregnancy Scared?
• Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition, this piece may help you out, too: http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/patricia_h/2013/03/21/whos_afraid_of_sperm_cells

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robinsmith
Neophyte
Member # 108073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robinsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather, I have indeed looked at the suggested links already, many times over. But none of them specifically address my concerns. This is why I have posted my question, and it would mean the world to me if I could get an answer!!!! Please! [Smile]
Posts: 9 | From: London | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Well, let's talk then about why you're not seeing that. [Smile]

For instance, in that first link, let's look at the listing for manual sex, the activity you're asking about:

quote:
MANUAL SEX
Engaging a partner's genitals with the hands or fingers; "fingering," or "handjobs".

Level of STI risk: Low risk
Infections at possible risk of: HPV, genital warts, chlamydia, herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and/or 2, syphilis
Level of pregnancy risk: No risk

So, what do you feel is missing for you here?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

robinsmith
Neophyte
Member # 108073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robinsmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because there is no mention of whether you can have sperm on your hands even if no liquid is visible :S [Frown]
Heather
Member # 3

When we assess for something like this, we take into account people may have some trace body fluids on their hands.

If sperm cells alone could be an issue here -- and they can't with pregnancy, period, as noted in a couple of those pieces -- we would have mentioned that. But that just isn't how pregnancy happens.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

robinsmith
Neophyte
Member # 108073

ok that's nice to hear. thank you for your contribution. and IM SORRY to have caused such a panic and to have asked questions which seemed to have already been answered, which is why you told me to check the links...but from your experience i think you appreciate how frightened one may be in such cases [Frown] which is why you run this website after all! so THANK YOU very much
Heather
Member # 3

Well, and I'm certainly willing to talk to you about only choosing to engage in sexual activities you're educated about and feel good about, rather than freaked.

Because really, that's a big part of preventing feeling like this and managing our sexual lives. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.