Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Ease my mind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ease my mind
asujo
Neophyte
Member # 107777

Icon 2 posted      Profile for asujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I posted last month about a pregnancy scare which compared to the one I had on friday (7/19) was kind of nothing. I have anxiety when it comes to sexual health because my parents are super strict and they expect me to behave like a responsible adult. I get tears just thinking about disappointing them so I just want to ask and make sure.
**I've read all of your articles and I would appreciate a direct answer**
My boyfriend was dry humping me with only his boxers on. He had a blanket on top of him as a safety precaution because I'm not on birth control.
At one point he started fingering me and I took my cotton underwear off. After he took his fingers out I rolled on my side to kiss him and I felt something cold on the top of my vagina (the middle area between my hips an inch away from the lip). Turns out it was cum, 2 spots of it.
What makes me nervous is that I'm not sure whose cum it is. Im not sure if my boyfriend cummed and it went out through the hole in his boxers and whether or not when he rolled over it got on the blanket. It could be mine too if he ran his hand on my vagina when he finished fingering me.
I immediately got up to shower but he pulled me back so what I worry is that the cum on my vagina smeared anywhere and maybe got into me. I did have my legs closed when he pulled me backwards.
After telling my mom she said the birth control pills were what she was willing to give me.I took 5 Aviane birth control pills as a form of emergency contraception on Sunday (7/21). I took the other 5 pills 12 hrs later this morning before work (7/22).
She was obviously really disappointed that this happened again and that I asked her for pills. I've been crying for the past 2 days and starting work is adding to the stress. My calves, feet and hands are sore, the numb kind of sore--possibly because of my first day of work. I did have a huge stomach ache this morning before work--probably a side effect of the pills.

Does any of this sound like a possible pregnancy risk?? [Confused]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asujo
Neophyte
Member # 107777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to add that on friday it was 4 days before my expected ovulation day according to my calendar. My fertility window for this month is from 7/18 to 7/24 and my ovulation date is 7/23

[ 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: asujo ]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi asujo,

What you're describing isn't a pregnancy risk; as you've no doubt seen in the articles you read, it really takes direct genital contact for there to be a risk. It doesn't sound like that was the case here. Since you're feeling really worried about pregnancy even in cases where there isn't a risk, it might be a good idea to talk to your boyfriend about what kind of sex you do feel comfortable with, or step back from sex while you get your worry sorted out.

Also, in your earlier post, you mentioned your mom giving you ten birth control pills over the course of two days as well; that's really not an approved use of those pills and I'm surprised she had you do that on two separate occasions. Do you feel like you can have a conversation with your mom about finding a different way to handle this, possibly by having you take birth control pills the intended way under a doctor's care if you're interested in that?

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asujo
Neophyte
Member # 107777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely me and my boyfriend are terrified and I talked to him already and we have no interest doing what we've been doing anymore. A Plan B one step would have been a better choice of EC, I am aware of it. She works at a doctors office herself so she thought it was ok. I do want to ask a doctor about prescribing birth control pills for me when I go for a physical in 3 weeks. Am I too young to be taking them? I'm turning 17 in 3 weeks. Another worry I have is that it will mess with my cycle and my body in general so that's why in the past I didnt want to take it.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have some information on birth control pills here: Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

Beyond that, your doctor can answer your other questions about starting on the pill. I'd make a list of all your questions and bring it with you to the appointment so you don't forget to ask any. =)

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.