Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » condom slippage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condom slippage
jayeray
Neophyte
Member # 87079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayeray         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, me again. Hopefully this is one of the last times I'll ever have to ask something like this, but I was wondering what the risk of pregnancy is if
a. we used a condom BUT
b. he came inside it without knowing and kept going AND
c. when he pulled out there was semen trapped along the sides of the penis instead of in the tip PLUS
d. the condom may have slipped a bit (but not all the way off) at some point during the sex. (There was also post-sex touching, but hands were clean.)
After trying to piece together these various events in my mind, I still can't decide if I should take EC just to be safe. I've already made an appointment with my health care provider to talk about other birth control options, since just using condoms has turned out to be create more stress than it's worth. Please help me out. Thank you.

Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms moving some during use isn't a condom failure. Nor is semen inside the condom.

When we're dealing with issues of failure is when the condom has slipped all the way off, inside the vagina OR when the condom has tron or broken and thus, semen is NOT all inside the condom.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeray
Neophyte
Member # 87079

So you don't think this constituted a condom failure? When we finally noticed that he had come inside it, the semen was way closer to the base than the tip.
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeray
Neophyte
Member # 87079

I guess I'm more worried that some might have escaped the base of the condom than anything else.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure doesn't sound like it.

But, for future reference, sounds like your partner maybe needs to get a bit more cued in about his own sexual response, for starters. The condom didn't break or slip off, but continuing to stay inside your vagina after ejaculation/orgasm can make it more likely that happens.

Also, with a slot of slippage and semen moving higher up, sounds like he needs a snugger fit condom than he's using.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeray
Neophyte
Member # 87079

Thanks so much, Heather! Boy and I actually have talked about that and we're going to be more conscious of it next time. I guess I don't need EC this time around, then, either. Right?
Heather
Member # 3

It's really up to you, but once more, I don't hear you describing a condom failure here.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

jayeray
Neophyte
Member # 87079

One more slightly related question: will one dose of EC work for two separate incidences if it's taken within 72 hours of both? This is mostly out of curiosity.
Heather
Member # 3

EC is most effective when taken within 24 hours, but can be effective up to 5 days after a risk. So, it will be more effective, or most effective, at preventing a pregnancy closest to the time it was taken, less for a risk that happened less recently.

But it can be effective for ANY possible risk within the time frame -- 120 hours -- it can be effective for.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.