Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Should i be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should i be worried?
Forrest
Neophyte
Member # 107803

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Forrest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So a while back i thought my girlfriend was pregnant as we fooled around i fingered her and there may have been precum on my finger, she got her period at the end of that month, we were still worried so in the last week she did a pregnancy test that came out negative, its 7 weeks since we thought she was pregnant, shes 15 and still has irregular periods she was due them around the 28th, its the 1st now should i be worried? also she recently had a bladder infection so could that be a reason or effect her periods or am i just worrying over nothing? will they come..?

--------------------
Jay

Posts: 13 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she's only had her periods for a few years, irregularity is normal.

She took a test, got a negative, and she did already have a period since, so you can know that she is not pregnant. You can also know that because, as we've talked about already, what you described wasn't likely to pose a pregnancy risk in the first place.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forrest
Neophyte
Member # 107803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forrest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot!:-)

--------------------
Jay

Posts: 13 | From: ireland | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forrest
Neophyte
Member # 107803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forrest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one more question, she said she got her period last month around the time expected but ive read implantation can occur at the time of your period, so could she be mistaken or am i just over thinking, she should get them soon enough, she has recently gotten cramps and is eating a lot more too, that is all but the only symptoms as well as some bloating?

--------------------
Jay

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, in order for a person to become pregnant they have to do the things -- or someone has to do them to them -- that can cause pregnancy. Unless you haven't told us about something, those things didn't happen.

So, talking about implantation bleeding -- which is rare, anyway -- just doesn't make sense here, just like talking about giving CPR to someone who isn't in need of it doesn't, if you follow me.

Once more, it's clear your girlfriend is not pregnant. So, what you'll need to do for yourself at this point is let this go.

If you feel like you just can't, then your next best step is probably to step back from any of this sexual activity until you feel a lot less fearful.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forrest
Neophyte
Member # 107803

Thanks for the help, ill just let it all go and stop worrying

--------------------
Jay

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.