Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help .. I would like some advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help .. I would like some advice
Equinox09
Neophyte
Member # 107668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Equinox09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I slept with someone over two months ago and then two days after had my period. We used a condom at the time.. but its been two months since my last period.
I took two tests to check that it wasn't pregnancy and they both came back negative. I am unsure as to why it has been two months and not arrived
I may be worrying about nothing, but want some advice as to why this could be. I have been looking on Google for ideas and it says stress and weight can affect this but my weight hasn't changed and I don't think I'm overly stressed.
Any ideas?

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you already know, your period is not missing due to pregnancy. You used protection, you have had a period since, and you have had two negative pregnancy tests.

I am going to link you to an article that explores some more reasons for missing periods: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Maybe something there sounds like the culprit? But it is also not uncommon for a period to go missing for no obvious reason, so even if you're not sure what is going on, one missing period is not usually a big deal.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, and welcome to Scarleteen.

Have you brought this up with your physician and/or gynecologist? We can't exactly tell you why you haven't had your period for two months, especially if you had protected intercourse and negative pregnancy tests to boot. It could be stress, it could be drastic weight change, it could be anything, really. But a quick check-in with your doctor or local health care provider might be able to provide you with more solid answers.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 229 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Equinox09
Neophyte
Member # 107668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Equinox09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only worried as its been just over two months, so in theory have missed two.
Thanks for the above. I shall have a read through and pray!

Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.