Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » gonorrhea

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gonorrhea
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarilynSexy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I feel stupid asking this but I'm worried, my friend has gonorrhea and he sratchd me enough to draw blood and then went into the bathroom to get me a tissue, I don't know if he touched himself during any of those moments before the scratch or when getting the tissue but he didn't know at that moment that he had gonorhea, Can i have it
Posts: 58 | From: LA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you being sexual with this friend? I ask because you seem to be suggesting it's a question as to whether or not he touched his penis right before he scratched you, which I don't imagine he would have been doing otherwise.

All the same, this is not how it's going to be transmitted. You have to be exposed to THIS person's fluids.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarilynSexy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no we aren't active in anyway
Posts: 58 | From: LA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then this isn't something you need to be concerned about.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

maybe when he went to the bathroom he had some on his hand and by accident wiped it on the napkin he gave me for my scratch
Heather
Member # 3

You don't think he's civilized enough to wash his hands after using the bathroom like most little kids know how to do?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

i know plenty of guys who dont...
Heather
Member # 3

If you feel concerned about this, then the thing to do is to call into your healthcare provider and ask them if they think you need a test.

Personally, I really don't: this just isn't how this happens. But you totally can seek out a second opinion.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

OKay and say a person with HIV has bit my hand, no blood was drawn and they may or may not have blood in theyre mouth is transmission possible? Also a negative 3 month hiv test after oral is good news right? sorry for all the questions, I am going to get tested after finALS
Heather
Member # 3

Hang on a second: who is biting your hand and breaking the skin?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Marilyn,

It sounds like you have a lot of questions about risks, and about how to keep yourself safe. Based on your previous posts, it looks like these have been worries for you for a long time.

I think what would be most helpful for you right now would be for you to make an appointment with your healthcare provider so that you and they can talk over what does and doesn't pose risks of what, and what tests you need or don't need, and just generally talk about all of this.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

no it didn't break the skin, a friend, it was a nibble
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, it sounds like you have a lot of concerns about what does and doesn't pose risk of disease transmission. A healthcare provider would be the best person for you to go over all these concerns with, and to get the health education that would help you be less afraid. Do you have a healthcare provider you can make an appointment with to talk about this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Then this is a non-issue. But maybe if you're so worried about this stuff, avoiding things like biting and scratching altogether is a good plan.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.