Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Condom slipped...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom slipped...
perry6616
Neophyte
Member # 107481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perry6616     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so I'm gonna try to make this as concise as possible:

I had sex on Friday night (technically Saturday morning) 5/4 at around 3:00 am. It was my first time, I don't know if this matters or not. Things that make me think I might be at risk for getting pregnant:

1) The condom was sliding around. We changed it a couple of times, but it was definitely not secure for at least one of these times.

2) I was not in my right mind (euphemism) so I don't really remember that much. There was a wet spot on the bed after, so I think when he took the condom off some semen spilled out near me.

3) It was a week after my period had ended, so I may have been ovulating.

Things that make me think I may not be at risk:

1) I was on top while he was actually inside me (don't know if this matters -- gravity??)

2) He definitely didn't come inside me.

3) When he was inside me, he was definitely wearing a condom, although I don't know how securely.

4) I took a Plan B pill 30 hrs later.

My question: my period isn't supposed to come until 5/18, and this is a while from now. I am usually perfectly regular, but I understand that Plan B can screw some things up. Basically, I'm just wondering what you would perceive my level of risk of getting pregnant to be. Thanks in advance -- I'm in college and I have finals right now, so I REALLY don't need this extra stress...

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay for condoms to move around a little bit: the issue with failure is if and when the condom slides OFF, especially when it does so inside of the vagina.

What I am hearing is that a condom was used for all genital contact, that it didn't break or slip off AND you also used Plan B. Do I have this right?

If so, a pregnancy would be highly unlikely.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perry6616
Neophyte
Member # 107481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perry6616     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that is correct. Thank you so much for replying so quickly! And wow thanks it's good to know that the sliding around thing is normal, I was not aware of that.

What I'm mostly concerned about is that when he removed the condom some of the semen might have come into contact with the outer part of my vagina, which is why I took Plan B. Do you think this is a legitimate concern?

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he remove it properly? In other words, was he holding the base of the condom when he withdrew?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perry6616
Neophyte
Member # 107481

Errr I don't really remember... He didn't come while we were actually having sex, i.e. he was wearing the condom, pulled out, came, and then took the condom off. This was all near me but never inside. If any semen got inside it was a very small amount -- do you think the Plan B would have been effective, even though I took it 30 hrs after the incident?
Heather
Member # 3

If you don't know, then I think you should figure that that would have been the only reason you DID need the Plan B, if he hadn't withdrawn properly and did ejaculate inside your vagina because of that.

So, again, I'm not seeing a likely risk here at all.

But -- and you had to see this coming -- I'd strongly advise anyone to be IN their right mind when making sexual choices, so that you can be sure you don't set yourself up for worries or risks you don't want to handle or feel up to handling, okay? Just something to take from this moving forward, I'd say.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

perry6616
Neophyte
Member # 107481

Yeah this is definitely never going to happen like this again. Lesson learned... Thanks so much for your replies!
Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing. [Smile] Anything else I can help you with today?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

perry6616
Neophyte
Member # 107481

Going forward, what method of birth control would you recommend? I don't have a boyfriend so I'm not really keen on going on a birth control pill for a variety of reasons (I don't want the side effects, and I honestly have no idea if I'm even going to need birth control any time soon). But if I do want to have sex sometime in the near future, I really don't want to be in this situation again. Would you say it is enough just make sure I'm fully aware of the situation and continue to use condoms?
Heather
Member # 3

There's really no one right method for everyone: this is something very individual.

Have you looked through this yet? It includes choices for people who'd prefer not to use an ongoing method, so can tell you about methods like condoms, cervical barriers, withdrawal or natural family planning: Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

perry6616
Neophyte
Member # 107481

I'll take a look, thanks! Other than that I think I am all set, thank you for your help.
Heather
Member # 3

You got it. [Smile] Take care of yourself.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.