Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » help :( i think im pregnant :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help :( i think im pregnant :(
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well basically this happened around my ovulation period, not quite sure though, but i think it was around that time. We used condoms properly, but he didnt hold the base, but the condom didnt move, didnt slip, it was perfectly intact, he pulled out wayyyyyyy before he came, i took the plan b pill just in case 30 hours later. We actually had intercourse several times, but each time every single thing was done properly. So now im totally freaking out because my period is due in 2 week and a half and i cant just seem to find peace. what are my chances to get pregnant? and this happened exactly a week ago. since then ive been having none of the pregnancy symptoms, except for mild cramps but that's not unusual since i have this chronic digestive problem, so it is probably because of that. my breasts are not getting bigger, do not hurt, are not sore, but i think i see some tiny little bumps but really small or it's just my imagination. maybe they were there before and i never noticed. what are my chances of pregnancy :/
Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not hearing any likely risk of pregnancy here.

Holding on to the base of the condom is something one needs to do when withdrawing so it doesn't slip off. But not holding onto it isn't a problem UNLESS it results in the condom slipping off when withdrawing, which I don't hear that it did.

I hear that you used not just two but THREE methods of contraception properly (condoms, withdrawal, Plan B), so I'd say pregnancy is about as likely as alien abduction for you here. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euro98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Robin Lee
This happened exactly a week ago.
no i havent taken one yet. im still waiting for my period which is due in 1 week and a half.

Heather thank you very much. yes ive tried to be as careful as possible i dont want any accidents. but im really stressed and watch out for any signs of pregnancy and i have the tendency to blow things out of proportion. im still waiting for my period and hopefully it will be all right :/ thank you very much for answering [Smile]

Posts: 26 | From: switzerland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like maybe you'd benefit from choosing a different set of methods?

In other words, something like condoms and the birth control pill, patch or ring, or an IUD, so you weren't trying to work with three methods (which really isn't needed), but instead had two that were highly effective, all the time?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

i have thinking of starting the pill, but where i live i need to go to the obgyn for a long time for tests and stuff and it is extremely extremelyyy expensive and my insurance doesnt cover the visit. i am simply a student and im really short on cash so yes condom is what i use :/ but every time it results in stress ans anxiety pregnancy related :/ so i have to stick with condoms withdrawal which i dont trust that much but plus the condoms it becomes more effective and the plan b just this one time because i was very close to my ovulation period, like 2 days before. so yes :/ but just one more question : the soreness of the breasts is supposed to appear in the early days right ? because i havent experienced that, so i should be fine ? thank you very very much [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

Would you like me to poke around and see if there might not be some low-cost options for you you don't know about? If so, I'd be happy to do that, I'd just need your zip code.

I also suspect from what you said about the timing of things here you might not actually be estimating your fertiilty cycles correctly. Charting can be a great (and free, save the small cost of a basal thermometer!) thing to pair with condom use, especially if you can't get another method for a while, but if you're not doing it correctly, it might only be helping you to be more anxious instead of less.

This page explains how to chart properly, if you're interested: Get With the Flow: All About FAM

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

euro98
Neophyte
Member # 107402

i got another issue coming up. well basically today i got my period or is it implantation bleeding. i mean i took the pregnancy test right away and it was negative. the bleeding started off really brownish and now it's getting redder. but it's still not heavy or maybe because it's the first day. and it's too soon just 16 days from my last period. but maybe it;s because of the plan b pill. last time i got it, my period was 10 days earlier. o.O what is happening to me [Frown]
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The emergency contraceptive pill often does mess up one's cycle, so it's most likely that that is what is causing the bleeding. Implantation bleeding is pretty uncommon, really the ONLY reliable sign of a pregnancy is a missed period. So looking for other symptoms is just going to stress you out and not help much since you can't know what they mean, you know?
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.