Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Is this even possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this even possible?
KJW
Neophyte
Member # 29272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, my period is 5 days late. I took 2 home tests. First one, the whole results area turned blue. Second one, a faint line. Which the test says means positive. I am sexually active, but here's the deal, I never miss a pill, and we ALWAYS use condoms. Aren't the chances of this one in a million?

Edit/ I just wanted to add, I followed the instructions exactly like it said. It's the kind of hpt where no line is neg. and 1 line is positive. Thought that may be important.

[ 04-18-2013, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: KJW ]

Posts: 35 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi KJW,

While using pills and condoms together gets one as close to 100% as possible, but so long as a person is engaging in the kinds of sexual activities that could lead to pregnancy there is always a possibility pregnancy will occur, regardless of the birth control used.

So, since you got a test that you read as positive, your next step would be to test again to verify that result, either through another home pregnancy test or through going to a healthcare provider and being tested there.

Also, if you have questions about whether you read that second test correctly, you can call the number provided on the packaging the test came in and ask the company for more information on reading the tests and what constitutes a positive result.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KJW
Neophyte
Member # 29272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robin, I took another test this morning and it was a clear negative, my period started this afternoon. [Smile]
Posts: 35 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're most welcome. I'm glad to hear everything sorted itself out. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.