Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Dont know who to ask, please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dont know who to ask, please help!
scared226
Neophyte
Member # 106846

Icon 4 posted      Profile for scared226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manual sex last January 11. Clothed from the hips down. Had leggings and underwear. Had two periods from January and February. They were normal, lasted about 5 days, normal blood flow, filling the whole pad consistently. Now period is about 5 days late from usual. Didn't do anything since January 11. Even then I washed my hands with soap twice, she touched me once during but I never touched her hands right after. I didn't ejaculate. I doubt that there was any pre-ejaculate. What are the chances that she's pregnant? Even if she had her period twice before, I've been reading other forums that women had blood flow months after conception. Also I don't remember her being this late before, although she said her period know we never had intercourse but I'm afraid that some sperm might have gotten in. Also, she took a pregnancy test once, although around the afternoon, it showed negative. I'm afraid of it being a false negative. I don't know who else to ask, please help. Thank you!

[ 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: scared226 ]

Posts: 2 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, scared226. [Smile]

Have you already had a read through the post, and links within it, flagged at the top of this area here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

If you have, want to fill me in on anything you're not understanding there, or any additional information you need you didn't find in any of that content?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared226
Neophyte
Member # 106846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, i just don't know who else to ask, I dont have anyone to discuss it with. I read on your post that it does not pose any risk, I just don't have an idea why she's this late. If it helps, do you think it might be because she's studying for her medical school admissions exam? Midterms perhaps? Also, she isn't getting enough sleep, does that contribute to her being late?
Posts: 2 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, what you don't get, it sounds like, is why her period could be late if she's not pregnant: do I have that right?

If so, this piece might help you out: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

In a word, there are SO many reasons periods can be missed or skipped. Pregnancy is just one. And when you haven't even engaged in the kind of sexual activities where pregnancy is possible, you can know you can rule out pregnancy and that it's got to be something else.

And by all means, the impact stress can have on our bodies -- and all the more so, things we do when under stress, like missing rest or sleep, not managing extra stress, eating poorly, etc. -- are often big culprits with any menstrual wonky.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.