Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Missed pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed pill
clairbaire123
Activist
Member # 103175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairbaire123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning when I took my pill, I began to drink water from my water bottle and in the middle of it I began to cough. I just stopped and didn't think there was a problem until about maybe 20 min later I drank from the same bottle and thought it tasted funny and spat it out. I looked at the bottle and there was white stuff, flakes. I guess the pill went into the bottle when I coughed. I took another pill immediately to "make up" that pill. Was that the right thing to do? And if I did happen to swallow a bit of the water with the first pill, does that affect my pill at all?
Posts: 119 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you felt that your pill did come back up in the bottle, then yes, taking another pill was the right thing to do.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairbaire123
Activist
Member # 103175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairbaire123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh like because the pill possibly could have dissolved in the water and if I drank some of that water, is it like taking another pill or would it not have an effect on pill effectiveness or anything like that
Posts: 119 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I'm really not sure of the answer to that. The best person to address a question like that to is a pharmacist or your healthcare provider.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I would suggest spilling out any more water that is in your water bottle and rinsing it out.

--------------------
Robin

clairbaire123
Activist
Member # 103175

Oh yeah I did rinse it out and stuff! I didn't swallow the water because when I thought it tasted funny I immediately spat it out and rinsed out my mouth and brushed my teeth. I was just asking in case a teeny tiny amount got past me, I mean I was told an extra pill doesn't decrease effectiveness so I thought this would kinda be the same situation but not as huge a deal because if ever I did swallow, it was such a tiny amount. Not something I actually intentionally swallowed because I didn't intentionally swallow
clairbaire123
Activist
Member # 103175

I spoke to my pharmacist and she said there isn't anything to worry about and that if I did swallow anything it would have been such a small amount and not anything of concern.
stayclassy812
Activist
Member # 100896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayclassy812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SORRY!! I didnt realize I was on another person's topic. so sorry!!

[ 03-02-2013, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: stayclassy812 ]

Posts: 81 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.