Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Anal Play Mishap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal Play Mishap
paperclip
Neophyte
Member # 35683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paperclip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend has recently got me into a little bit of light anal play such as him fingering my anus. I did realize through experience that I only like it when I am extremely turned on using different types of foreplay focusing on other areas rather than the anus. So we were doing that as usual and nothing seemed to be going wrong, and have been doing that for a couple of months now.

Last week I was on my period so instead of having sex when we fooled around he again played with my anus. Now, as soon as my period ended, I realized that every time I had a bowel movement, I was bleeding from my behind. I only realized it after my period ended since I couldn't differentiate before between menstrual blood and the bleeding from my bum. This is all so embarrassing, and I hate to give you too much information, but my bum also burns after I have a bowel movement. This leads me to the possible notion that perhaps we tore my insides up somehow. [Confused] Anyhow, sorry for the grossness...but if someone could give me a little advice on what to do next, if its serious or not. I've booked a doctors appointment but can't see her until next week so I'll have to wait a bit, and I tend to worry a lot about health issues, especially stuff like this. [Frown]

Posts: 20 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi paperclip,

There's no way for us to know for sure, but what you're describing sounds like a small anal fissure; these can be caused by a few things and aren't necessarily related to anal play at all (very hard stool or long bouts of diarrhea can also be a factor). Your doctor can clear this up for you, but it doesn't sound like something to worry about. None of what you described sounds like any sort of major trauma. In the meantime, I'd hold off on any anal play until this feels better and you no longer notice bleeding.

Even though it's not clear if this issue is related to anal play, I'd look at a few things as you go forward, just to make sure you can be as comfortable as possible and can relax about the possibility of it causing any other issue:

You may want to have your boyfriend wear gloves. It's really easy for hands to have little sharp edges on nails and cuticles, and gloves really help a lot. You don't need anything fancy; most drug stores should have latex (or rubber if you or your boyfriend have a latex allergy) gloves on hand. Without gloves I'd have him keep his fingernails short and you can do a quick visual/tactile inspection before he touches you. Even a tiny rough spot can cause a lot of discomfort!

Also, are you using lube? Are you using a lot of lube? A lot of folks like a thicker gel-style lube for anal sex or play, so if the lube you're using isn't effective enough, you could give that a try.

Third, are you relaxed and aroused when he's touching you? And are you communicating really clearly what feels good and when you might need a moment to relax a little further?

Hopefully this can ease your mind a bit.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.