Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » extreme abdominal pain! HPV positive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: extreme abdominal pain! HPV positive
Goldenblaze
Neophyte
Member # 102173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goldenblaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i did ask a question a few weeks ago about how my pap was abnormal. My doctor called me the other day to explain that i had HPV and i have to go in for a colposcopy. (which isn't until the end of February)
Anyways, the past 5 days i have had cramp-like pain that is centered right above my pubic hair line that have steadily gotten worse...this morning i woke up sweating because i hurt so bad.
Its no where near my period (not for another week)and I don't believe I'm pregnant either (i have been pregnant before and I don't remember having this symptom during early pregnancy before i knew i was pregnant)

Does anyone know if hpv can cause this pain? I'm on no medications. If not hpv....what else could be happening?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Goldenblaze,

If you're having severe pain that is getting worse, you need to consult a healthcare provider. There's no way we can guess what's going on with you. We're not medical professionals, and it would be ethically unsound for any medical professional to diagnose someone over the Internet.

so, you need to either give your doctor a call and see if she can see you today, or go to an emergency room or urgent care clinic.

Again, since you've had the pain for several days and it's steadily getting worse, it really is something you need to have a professional take a look at.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.