Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Precum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum?
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for st4mina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I were messing around the other day, we were still clothed until he pulled his pants down to penetrate against my vulva, but with my sweats still on. Later, he pulled my sweats down and started poking my vulva area, but against my underwear which had a pad. He didn't ejaculate, but he had precum on the tip. So my question is, can precum go through an underwear and a pad? I often wear pads from time to time even when I'm not on my period just in case, because I have somewhat irregular periods. But I have been taking birth control for a few months to fix this problem.

It's been a week since we fooled around and I am just wondering if I risk pregnancy from this, because I just had some spotting last night and a little more today. Following this, I have been having mild cramps. I heard that if you were to be spotting, you could get pregnant. Do I risk pregnancy?

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for st4mina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone please reply? I'm sorry if I sound desperate but I'm very terrified and nervous and I'd like some reassurance )=
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome to Scarleteen,

Just a quick question first: Is [name edited out - Kat] your legal name? If so, we do ask that people not use their legal names here so as to maintain anonymity for their own safety and privacy.

IN answer to your question about pregnancy risk, can you please first take a look at this link?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

Thanks.

[ 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Kachina ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, welcome to Scarleteen. We are understaffed right now, so we do ask that people are patient in getting a reply, as it can take up to 48 hours.

The answer to your question is covered in this topic: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

If after reading that and the articles it links to you have any more questions or don't understand something, let us know.

[ 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Kachina ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 873 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Thank you for the heads up about the name thing. [Smile] And sorry about being impatient, I guess I was too anxious and stressed out, for this was haunting me for days. :\

I looked through the topic, and as I read the "Pregnancy Scared?" page, it mentioned:

"Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where someone (or everyone) had clothes on and/or no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present pregnancy risks, though some present risks of STIs."

In my situation, does it define dry sex? Because the definition of dry sex mentions when two people are fully clothed, but in this case, we weren't fully clothed.

Plus, I understand that there wasn't any direct contact with my vulva.. but I would like some reassurance.. because I'm getting really paranoid about how I'm getting spotting almost exactly a week after the day we were playing around.. ):

I apologize if I pose as a bother, I know that you guys are very busy with other things as well.

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are correct that there was no direct contact so therefore no pregnancy risk. And dry sex means clothes on the genitals, it doesn't say "fully clothed". Any clothes covering either or both genitals make it "dry sex".

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 873 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Oh, okay. Thank you so much for your clarification and your answer! So just to make sure, I have no pregnancy risk, because the precum cannot leak through a pad, right? And it wasn't direct, either?

Should I worry about my spotting in this case, then?

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Correct. And spotting is pretty normal when periods are irregular.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Okay, thank you! I feel a lot more relieved now. (=
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Hi, just another quick question.. if I got my period since the tenth, and it's sort of heavy, this doesn't mean that I am pregnant right?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the contrary, getting one's period is actually an indication that one is *not* pregnant.

Can I ask what makes you think that this means you could be pregnant?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

It's just that because on other websites I've read that mothers have gotten their periods twice and a heavier period the third time, and they found out she was pregnant. I'm not sure if I should believe the stories, and I'm also not sure if they just mistakened the periods for spotting? But then again, these websites included yahooanswers so I don't think I should believe them, but is it possible to get normal periods while you're pregnant?

I don't think I'm mistakening my period for spotting.. my period has been going on for about 5 days now and I'm pretty sure it's heavier than spotting would be? ):

smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of myths and misinformation around on the internet, and Yahooanswers is a BIG culprit. It isn't helpful to your state of mind to read sources which have no credibility on sexual health issues. It's best to stick with one of the few who know their stuff (like Scarleteen or Planned Parenthood).

It sounds like you got your period, so as Robin said above, it indicates that you're not pregnant.

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
st4mina
Neophyte
Member # 101549

Okay, thank you!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.