Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Scared I'm pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared I'm pregnant
Baylor59
Neophyte
Member # 101666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baylor59     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. So my situation is that I had sex on Dec. 21 2012. I should've had my period starting somewhere around Jan. 3rd 2013, but it still hasn't come. I am on the pill, but I do sometimes miss taking one, but if I do miss it, I always take it the next day. Also we used a condom and he did not ejaculate inside of me. I took 2 Walgreens early detection pregnancy tests on Sat. Jan. 5th. The first one seemed to have a very faint 1/3rd of a positive line, but it was really hard to see and I wasn't really sure if it showed up before or after 10 minutes had passed. The second 1 came up completely negative. I then took a third Walgreens early detection test the following day on Sunday Jan 6th. It also came out negative. Then on Monday Jan 7th I took a 4th and final pregnancy test, this time I used First Response early detection test. This one also came out negative. I feel like all of these negative tests should make me feel confident, but that first test with the faint line and the fact that I have missed my period are still really freaking me out and making me nervous. There have been times when I've skipped my period in the past, however it has been a few months since that happened. I am very very stressed out and have been loosing sleep over this. Given all this information, do you think I am pregnant? Thanks so much for any help.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Baylor59 and welcome to Scarleteen,

It sounds like you've thought this through very carefully.

We ask people coming here with pregnancy risks to take a look at this link. It will help you further evaluate your risk and figure out if you've missed anything in the evaluation you've already done.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you still have questions after readng that, come on back.

Thanks.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baylor59
Neophyte
Member # 101666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baylor59     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have read the articles and am feeling better. I guess my question now is, since I have taken a home pregnancy test more than 2 weeks after sex and it came back negative, is it safe to say that I am not pregnant even though I have entirely missed a period and that doesn't happen very often for me?
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, I would say it is. You had several negative pregnancy tests, and unfortunately, missing a withdrawal bleed (what we call the monthly bleeding when someone is on the pill) just happened to coincide with this. Stress and other lifestyle changes can affect withdrawal bleeds, making them late, or even making us skip them once in a while.

--------------------
Robin

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Would it be helpful to talk about how to take your pill more consistently?

--------------------
Robin

Baylor59
Neophyte
Member # 101666

Thank you, and yes I think it would.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it. [Smile]

By any chance, do you have a cell phone?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baylor59
Neophyte
Member # 101666

Yes I do
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great: have you tried setting a daily alarm on it for the time you take your pill?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baylor59
Neophyte
Member # 101666

No I never have
Heather
Member # 3

That's a really easy way to remember to take medications that a lot of people use. How about giving it a try?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Baylor59
Neophyte
Member # 101666

Okay, I will do that, its a good idea. Thank you so much!
Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.