Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy or Other Health Issue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy or Other Health Issue?
DowntheRabbitHole23
Neophyte
Member # 101399

Icon 4 posted      Profile for DowntheRabbitHole23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On December 16th, I had unprotected sex. He did not ejaculate inside of me--so it was only precum. And before we had sex, he urinated more than once, so if there was any sperm, it should've been flushed out.

Now, my period came on December 16th as well. It behaved as usual--heavy flow at first, then became light and went away completely. It lasted about 6 days.

I'm not sure when it started, but I have been suffering from nausea and back pain. I took a pregnancy test exactly 14 days after my risk and it came out negative, however the nausea and back pain just gets worse. The back pain started in my lower back and has went all over my entire back now.

I went from only being nauseated in the morning to being nauseated throughout the entire day.

Now, I have also been suffering from a lot of anxiety and sadness due to recent events in my life, but I'm not sure how much of a role it may be playing here.

How great is my chance of being pregnant? If I am pregnant, where can I go for an abortion and how much will the pill form of abortion cost? Also, if it is not pregnancy, what other causes may it be?

[ 01-02-2013, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: DowntheRabbitHole23 ]

Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Downtherabbithole,

Welcome to Scarleteen [Smile]

We ask that all users with questions regarding pregnancy scares read through this forum before posting them. If you have any questions about anything in there feel free to ask them here [Smile]

As for what else nausea and back pain could be, you're probably best to go and see your doctor, especially if it's getting worse.

Cheers,

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DowntheRabbitHole23
Neophyte
Member # 101399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DowntheRabbitHole23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read the pregnancy scare thing, but I was wondering what are the chances of getting pregnant while being on your period? Some people say that you can't get pregnant when you're on your period, while some say you can.
Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DowntheRabbitHole23
Neophyte
Member # 101399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DowntheRabbitHole23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, where would I go for an abortion if I am pregnant? And how much do abortions usually cost?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technically, a person who has the capacity to become pregnant can from sex during any time of their cycle. For many people, their fertility cycle is such that sex during -- and even more so, just before -- menstruation makes pregnancy more likely. But unless you have been doing fertility charting over months, we can't figure we know anything about your unique fertility cycle.

If it turns out that you did, in fact, become pregnant, we're certainly happy to talk about your options with that, including whatever you want to know about abortion and where to access abortion.

But it doesn't really make sense to go there until you know if you are pregnant. It sounds like, per the test you took, that you are not.

So, at this point, the next step is just to wait on your next period. If it's late, then you can retest and we can take it from there.

In the meantime, do you feel equipped to negotiate any sex to include at least condom use?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DowntheRabbitHole23
Neophyte
Member # 101399

No, I do not feel equipped to negotiate. If I am not pregnant, then I want to remain celibate but get on birth control just in case I slip up.

I just know that if I am pregnant, I want an abortion because I simply refuse to mess my life up anymore than it has already been. Plus, I don't even have the guy's number anymore and this situation is less than idea.

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it sounds like you aren't in a position where you'll be engaging in any sexual activity. Am I understanding that correctly?

We can discuss options for birth control if you like, and, should you need it,help you figure out where to get abortion services.

What do you feel like you need right now to care for yourself?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DowntheRabbitHole23
Neophyte
Member # 101399

Yes, you're correct.

I'm guessing right now, I feel I just need to keep my legs closed and to stay away from men until I get myself together emotionally. I need time to process everything I've done and that's happened to me lately, so I need to be alone. I just want to graduate from undergrad. That's all I know right now.

And thank you, I do appreciate it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.