Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Brownish Spotting (Help please)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brownish Spotting (Help please)
Paulette
Neophyte
Member # 101287

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Paulette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend on the 20th night/21st morning. It was really really painful, and I didn't tell him to stop, because I heard that it had to be like that the first time. Now I've been in this page some days and I know that wasn't a smart choice. However, it was like an hour or so of painful (Really painful) sex. He didn't penetrate me fully, I think, but I did feel him around three cm inside of me. I wasn't aroused, I could even feel myself almost completely dry.
I am taking birth control since three months now, we used condoms that I didn't see break (can they have microscopic tears or something?) and he didn't come at all, beacuse it was also his first time and he was really nervous about my pain, but we thought, at the time, that it was normal. He also peed before.
I didn't bleed, however, on the 22nds night I noticed some light brownish spotting. Said spotting keeps happening until now, the 27th. It was really clear, like old blood mixed with my discharge, but really little. Today I had a little more, more dark, and since it's seven days since the sex, I am really scared it might be implantation bleeding.
However, we used three methods of birth control, I always take my pill at almost the same time (maybe some day an hour later, but not more) and he didn't even come.
Can this be a tear/some tears in my vaginal wall? Can it be blood from my period (which ended around a week before the sex)? Should I be scared of implantation bleeding, am I at a pregnancy risk? Also, today the blood is darker, but yesterday I masturbated (clitoris, not vagina) and I thought maybe the muscle spasm may cause it, I dont' know...
I am seriously freaking out. I have no pain in my vagina and my period won't come until two weeks from now. If I keep stressing like this, it will even come later, I have read. I am even crying over it because it was my first time, I thought I had taken all the precautions, and I didn't even enjoy it. I don't want to be pregnant, I can't have a baby right now.
The discharge just won't stop. It's brownish (clear, today a little darker) and very little, and it has been happening from the 22nd/23rd to this day.
I would really appreciate some help [Frown] Thank you so much from now...

Posts: 12 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it sounds like the sex you had was indeed very painful, I think it's pretty likely that you have some tearing/micro-tearing/abrasion in your vagina and that's what's causing the spotting. It's also possible that the spotting is from your birth control pill since you're still in your first few months of using that, and spotting is a common side effect. If the spotting continues for a few more days and doesn't seem to be getting any lighter, or if there seems to be more blood, I'd suggest checking in with a doctor (either your personal/family doctor if you have one, a gynecologist, or at a health clinic, sexual health clinic) to make sure everything's okay.

Have you seen this article? Pregnancy Scared? It will help you figure out whether your situation poses a pregnancy risk or not.

I'm also glad to hear you're learning about how to make intercourse more enjoyable for you. Do you feel like you know a lot more about that now, or do you want some more reading on that? Which of the articles on our main site have you read so far?

[ 12-27-2012, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paulette
Neophyte
Member # 101287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paulette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for being so quick. I have read that article, and actually the only thing that makes me think I am pregnant is this bleeding possible being "implantation bleeding". I have been reading a lot about consent, birth control, and even gender identity [Smile] I find it all really interesting, I knew almost nothing about these topics (conservative background...) and I'm happy to be learning.
However, I am still a little scared. If this is from my birth control pill, should my period still come? Also, if this is from an abrasion, or a tear, how long will it take to heal? Should I be worried I am still spotting this far? It has been around four/five days now, thought it's very little and mixed with my discharge.
Thank you very much again!

Posts: 12 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem! We have a post here about implantation bleeding I think will be good for you to read, and hopefully it'll help you calm down a bit about this: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/023303.html

If your withdrawal bleed (the "period" you get when you're on the birth control pill) has come in the previous months, it's pretty likely that it'll still come this time, but the pill has different affects on everyone's cycles so I can't say with 100% certainty that your withdrawal bleed will come. I couldn't say that for anyone at any time [Smile]

It has been a while for the spotting to be going on -- I'd say if, after just a couple more days, it doesn't stop, I'd go and check in with a doctor if I were you.

How long it will take to heal depends on how big the tear is and a whole bunch of other factors like your body's general health and ability to heal itself, etc. You will probably want to avoid putting anything in your vagina at least for the next few days to a week, just so that any tears do have the chance to heal.

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.