Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregancy or Paranoia created symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregancy or Paranoia created symptoms?
Dementia
Neophyte
Member # 97187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dementia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read all of the topics at the top, but what i'm saying doesnt really attach to these.

On November 28th, 1-2pm, I had unprotected sex.
We used withdrawal, although I know how unreliable that is.
My doctor says I missed the most fertile part of my cycle.
On November 29th,11:30am I took Levonelle.
I was due on my period on December the 4th, and came on first thing December 5th.
I had a 6 day period as per normal.
I have had random stomach pains (I can't really define where, its just pains. Inside my belly. Not really sure how high or low it is, it's just in my belly area.) and after eating I feel sick (Though i'm underweight, and I always feel sick after eating more than a small amount, so this COULD be unrelated) and in the evenings (again, I always feel sick, so not sure if symptom or body being stupid :L )
I also have been feeling a bit like i'm at the tail end of a cold, and my emotions have been running riot the last few days, so now everybody at my school thinks I'm mental.
I'd like to know how much chance there is of a pregnancy still being there, and if it's a safe idea to wait and see if I have my period at regular time, then go to see my GP as I was instructed?
I think my body might be doing that thing, where people are so scared their body creates symptoms of it even when the problem is not there?
I've never had vaginal sex before that time, so i'm inexperienced. And my mother has never had unprotected sex, or taken the morning after pill, so I have little to know advice on the matter.
I hope it's okay i'm posting in this forum, but I need to know quickly because if it is pregnancy in likelihood I need to nip it in the bud.
One more point: There is a sick bug going around my school at the moment, and loads of people are off sick with it, so it could be that beginning?
It's been 3-4 days I have felt the pain.
Oh, and I don't know if this is relevant but i've been urinating more frequently, though this does sometimes happen when i'm stressed. It could be a factor though.
Please get back to me ASAP so I can deal with it, and thank you for your help =)

[ 12-15-2012, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Dementia ]

--------------------
<3 ~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance through the rain~

Posts: 24 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dementia,

You know, even if you were pregnant, it would be too early for you to be experiencing all the things you've listed experiencing and be able to attribute all of them to pregnancy. Also, the symptoms that people tend to associate with pregnancy are almost all things that can be attributed to something else. For example, it sounds like this feeling sick after eating isn't a new thing for you; you've also said that a virus is going around. So, there's plenty to explain what's going on with you that is a lot more likely than you being pregnant.

You had a period at the time you were expecting it, which is a solid sign that you're not pregnant. Since you did take Plan B, it's sound for you to take a pregnancy test just to ensure that it did it's job. Think of that as the equivalent of receiving treatment for something then going for a follow-up appointment to ensure the treatment worked. There's no need for you to go to the GP for this though as home pregnancy tests are readily available.

If you're continually feeling sick though, a trip to the doctor might be a good idea, not because you could be pregnant (not saying you are or aren't, as only a test can determine that) but because you're not feeling well.

For future reference, unless you chart your cycles by taking your basal body temperature and examining your cervical mucus, and unless you do this every day for several months, it's really not possible to predict exactly when the fertile times in your cycle will be. So, unless you do these things, you're not going to want to rely on just knowing what day in your cycle you're on to evaluate your fertility.

So:

1. The things you've listed here are not indications of pregnancy.
2. If you are concerned about pregnancy and want to know once-and-for-all, take a pregnancy test.
3. Go to your doctor if you continue to not feel well (and again, that's because it's sound to go to the doctor because you're not feeling well).

Is your doctor aware that you feel sick after eating?

What are your plans in terms of future sexual activity, and if you're planning to continue engaging in intercourse, do you have plans for birth control?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dementia
Neophyte
Member # 97187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dementia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post, I read it and my mind settled for a bit but new things came up that are abnormal?

- My breasts have gone on a growing spree, I mean, more than normal. This could just be puberty but being a 36D at 14 is kind of out of place..

- They're really sensitive..

- Also, this could be irrelevant and i'm sorry for bringing it up if it is, but my urine smells stronger and is darker than normal though my drinking/eating habits haven't changed?

- My cervical mucus is whiter than normal??

I can't just get a pregnancy test, my mother is adamant I don't need one as I had a period, but she had one when she was pregnant with my little brother?

And as far as the future goes my parents have us under total gridlock for a year. We're not allowed to be alone at any point. So no need for contraception, I have my dad :L

And my mum used to take me to the doctors about my poor eating when I was little complaining I felt sick, it's been constant for ten years :L

--------------------
<3 ~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance through the rain~

Posts: 24 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, again, it sounds like you need to first have a conversation with your doctor, okay?

When you're there, by the way, you can ask them to run a pregnancy test for you. They probably will anyway, if you tell them you're sexually active. You get to make your own healthcare choices, including with pregnancy tests: you don't need your mother to agree.

If you don't want to ask with her there, go to the doctor by yourself, or at least ask the nurse or doctor to ask your mother to give you some privacy in the exam room. Or, you can ask her yourself.

If you want to go through some of this stuff in the meantime, I think this is the very best way to do that: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

We can't possibly tell you if you're pregnant or not, nor what these symptoms may or may not be about. Only a pregnancy test and a healthcare provider who can see you in person can.

(That said, I'd disagree that there's a given breast size that's right or wrong when a person is in puberty. Having a lot of breast growth right now isn't unusual, and plenty of people your same age who are going to be larger-breasted will be or be becoming so already. If it helps to have a personal perspective, I was at about that same breast size by 14 myself. Puberty also typically involves changes to vaginal discharges.)

[ 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.