Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I still need help :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I still need help :(
LittleMissO
Neophyte
Member # 101116

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LittleMissO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On day 14 of birth control , I had sex. The condom broke and he accidently came inside of me. The next day( about 15 hours later) I took a plan b. The three days that followed I stooped dark brown. It's been a week since I took plan B and I've been spotting more dark brown again for the past 2 days. I( started my placebo pill this past Sunday also. I'm not expecting a period until Friday or Saturday as I normally have a 27 day cycle without the bcp. I don't know what's going on. Its scaring me. I can't stop panicking . What's happening? / What should I do ?

--------------------
Miss O

Posts: 38 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most common side effect of Plan B is alterations to your cycle, including spotting and missed, early, or late bleeds. Considering that you took Plan B while already taking daily birth control, the impact of all those hormones might be pretty unpredictable. It's not harmful, but likely does explain all this spotting you're having.

Know that whatever your menstrual cycle was before, it won't be the same on hormonal birth control.

You might find these articles about how hormonal birth control works to be helpful.

Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)

How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissO
Neophyte
Member # 101116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given all the weird bleeding I've been experiencing, Is it even possible to have my period on time at this point? Or should I just it an extra week or so if it doesn't show ?I've been really regular since i first started menstruating and all of this hoopla is terrifying me.

--------------------
Miss O

Posts: 38 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, it's impossible to predict when your withdrawal bleed, which is what a period is called when someone takes hormonal birth control, will arrive.

It sounds like you're concerned about possible pregnancy. The best, and really only, way to determine whether someone is pregnant or not is for them to take a pregnancy test, either at home or through a doctor or clinic.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.