Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » just a bit worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just a bit worried
Raider.Gal
Neophyte
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raider.Gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I usually take my birth control pill on Sunday nights but I accidently took it on Saturday night. I continued through the whole pack taking it on the same time and starting the new row on Saturday. Does this decreasethe effectiveness of it?
Also my boyfriend and I were engaging in dry humping (him with pants and underwear on and I had my underwear on) . I later gave him a handjob. I'm afraid that some how I could have gotten semen on my vaginal region (either from the dry humping or wiping when I went to the bathroom about 10 min after giving him the handjob). Is there a pregnancy risk? I just wanted to double check

Posts: 31 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confused by your question. Do you take your pills every day? What is your pill taking time? How do you think you may have messed up?

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raider.Gal
Neophyte
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raider.Gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take them everyday. I take them around 10 every night.I just started the new pack a day earlier than I normally do. I continued to take them everyday around 10pm
Posts: 31 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, so you started your pack a day early. That's totally fine! If you'd started it late, that would be an issue. But starting early does not affect your protection.

This just essentially means that you moved up your start day by a day, and will be a Saturday-starter from now on.

So, you take this pack as you normally would, take your 7-day-break when the pack is finished, and then start the new pack.

As for your pregnancy risk from dry humping, check this out: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027495.html

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raider.Gal
Neophyte
Member # 45835

I checked it out. I just wanted to be sure
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

It doesn't sound like there was any direct genital contact. Right? So, that means that there is no pregnancy risk.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Raider.Gal
Neophyte
Member # 45835

Right. Thanks so much. Now to sit back and wait on the period [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.