Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Hello.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello.
poppyskyy
Neophyte
Member # 97771

Icon 9 posted      Profile for poppyskyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone:

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Poppy and I am 21 years old. I feel a little ashamed by opening up my first topic in this section of the message board but oh well. I guess this is life, huh?

It turns out that last month started pretty well. I was expeting my period at the beggining of the month and everything was cool. I had this trip scheduled for the weekend in which my period was supposed to come so with anticipation I took "a shot" of pure lemon juice to "delay" my period (since it is said that Vitamin C can interfere with hormones and make delay a period or something like that).

Oh, I think it's necessary for me to highlight the fact that I have irregular periods (I expect my periods to come on the same exact dates) and the fact that I have this condition called um... Policysitc ovarian syndrome (POS).

So ok, trip got cancleled and a week went by. Period didn't come. The next weekend,I went out with my partner, whom I was dating for some time. I was still expeting my period, but then... I had "sex" for the first time. Well, basically dry humping... [Roll Eyes]
He didn't wear jeans or boxers so he was pretty much naked. There was no vaginal intercourse or genital-to-genital contact.

Still, my pants and underwear got a little wet (I assume it is because of my own fluids or precum, and yes, I know precum can drag sperm along). He did not ejaculate near my frontal area (vulva, etc). Anyway, I am very scared because my period does not arrive. Today is november 1st. Nothing has happened; yet I feel my breasts are slightly enlarged and slightly sore. Not painful, just sore.

My question is... IS there still any possible risk of getting pregnant if the guy releases precum and the fabric absorbs it?

It is very silly of me to ask a question of this matter, but I am so freaked out I think I might be going through a psychological pregnancy or even worse, I might be pregnant. I have to add to this that a week after the incident (oct.21), I made a home pregnancy test which came out negative. On monday oct 29 I did another one. Came out negative. Could these be false negatives due to the possibility that I have not been waiting enough time before I do such tests?

Am I just freaking out and that's why I skipped a period? Should I get another pregnancy test done by nov.13th? (Date close to the incident)

PS: Yes! I read everything staff suggested before I could post my sad, silly story. I just can't find any comfort and assurance.

PS 2: I already made an appointment with the doctor. I'm so looking forward to it.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Poppy, welcome to the boards, and no need to be embarrassed. [Smile]

You said you have irregular periods, but expect them to come on the same dates: so, I'm confused. Mind, irregular periods can come on the same dates since the days of the month vary, so regular ones often won't, but do you mean you do NOT expect your cycles to be predictable or that you do?

Also, with your most basic question here, you said you'd read the links, so you already know that when people are dressed, pregnancy can't happen. So, why do you think that's still something you're asking? Is there something about that you don't understand we can make more clear for you, or....?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Poppy.

So, you two engaged in dry humping where he was naked but you were wearing two layers of clothes? If so, this section of our article on risk assessment applies:
quote:

Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where everyone had clothes on and no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present any pregnancy risks, though some can present risks of STIs.

Does that help you?

[Heather beat me to the reply ... Experimenting with a touch pad keyboard and taking too long [Smile] ]

[ 11-01-2012, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppyskyy
Neophyte
Member # 97771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppyskyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Heather:

I meant my periods are somewhat predictable, not much. If they don't arrive on the same day, usually there's a delay of three-fourteen days (in the worst of cases). But during the past three months or so (july, aug, sept) I had my period arrive on the same exact dates (each period arrived at the 5th of each month). I thought that was "being regular". I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough (I am a native spanish speaker so that's why I might be a little hard to understand [Razz] ). I've never had an accurate estimate of how long my cycles last. Sometimes it's 30, sometimes 35. I've never skipped a period since I was what, 15! (because I got treatment) [Confused]

And yes I really would like it if you guys could make it clear for me that part of "dry humping does not cause pregnancy". I heard that even if a man ejaculates near a woman's frontal area while she is wearing clothes, it will not a cause pregnancy. Is this a myth? Or is it true?

@Robin:

Yes! It did help. Actually reading everything you guys suggested has helped me feel a little bit less scared so I really thank God Scarleteen exists (lol).

Thank you so, so, soo much for the replies. I really appreciate them.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppyskyy
Neophyte
Member # 97771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppyskyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Joey****! Sorry, not Robin (lol)
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poppy: no worries, I'm a native English speaker who speaks some Spanish, and if I was doing this in Spanish, I'd only be about 50 million times less coherent than you right now. [Smile]

So, with your periods, sounds like they do tend to be pretty irregular. having them come on or around the same date for a few months usually happens with regular periods, but longer than that and we're usually looking at a big jump. For more on that, you can take a look at this: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/my_period_is_late_or_is_it

So, with reproduction, something a lot of people don't realize is that it's nothing close to as simple as just needing a sperm cell and an egg cell. Not only do we actually need a LOT of sperm cells, they all have to be motile and viable. And not only do we need that, the fluid sperm cells are part of -- semen -- is super-important for a pregnancy to even have a chance of happening, just like having an ovum (eg) be available and in the right place, vaginal/cervical fluids being a very specific way, and more.

But those sperm cells still have to get to that egg in the first place, and they can't do that when you've got clothes on. Not only are they pretty fragile, they need to get there with that fluid AND your fluid, and for that to happen, there can't be something like fabric between them and your vagina.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppyskyy
Neophyte
Member # 97771

Icon 3 posted      Profile for poppyskyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Heather! That means English classes really payed off! (lol).

So basically, there's a minimal possibility of me being pregnant. Thank you so much. I feel my soul has been brought back to life. Literally.

And after reading the article about the periods being late, well... I can infer that I might not be late at all. Probably POS is striking again after 6 long years. (I thought that condition would never come back after treatment).

But then the question would be why I skipped a period in a whole month? Could it be stress, alcohol, university, unhealthy eating, lack of excersise and sleeping terribly every night?

Anyway, I've been so paranoid I even got to think my sore, enlarged breasts have to do with early pregnancy symptoms, along with some brownish spotting (which did kinda look like blood). I thought that could be my period arriving, but then I googled stuff and learned about that famous "implantation bleeding".I freaked out. [Eek!] [Confused] [Razz]

Fear is, in fact, the most terrible feeling a human being can experience...

I am much more relieved right now. It seems that the odds are not working against me this time. I'll try to relax until I see my doctor. I'll update this thread as soon as I get results... Either positive or negative.

Wish me the best of luck and best wishes to you all!

Heather
Member # 3

I've no doubt that my rusty Spanish is not the fault of any of my Spanish teachers. [Smile]

I'd not even say minimal: as you know from reading, and what I just said? It's none. Think about it this way: if you were trying to get to a house on Main Street, you'd have to be able to get to that street in the first place. same goes here: a pregnancy can't happen if sperm cells and the fluid with them can't even get to the street (in this case, that's Vagina Street [Razz] ) they need to. Your clothing is like a huge, impassable road block.

If you haven't skipped a period before, know that in your reproductive life -- we're talking about around forty years -- it's going to happen to most people at least a couple times. And the whys are endless: we don't always ovulate, we sometimes skip that, changes in anything with our lifestyle or general health, the works. But for sure, if everything you mentioned is going on? By all means, all those things can cause a skipped or late period -- and for your overall health and well-being, you'll want to see what you can do to manage them, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

poppyskyy
Neophyte
Member # 97771

Thanks for making everything clear to me. [Smile]

Now I'm just updating: My period showed up today! finally! (lol)

I guess this proves to me I have nothing to worry about since I am not pregnant.

Thank youuu

Heather
Member # 3

Hooray! [Big Grin]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.