Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Apple Cider Vinegar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! My vagina got a little torn during some rough sex...to disinfect it I soaked a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and applied it...left it on for about an hour. Now the parts that the cotton ball were touching are white! I suppose I burned it! What do I do!?
Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vinegar will often turn tissue white: it doesn't mean anything is the matter. Not sure why you used it in the first place, but the vinegar isn't an issue.

A vaginal opening actually being torn is not at all common, even with aggressive sex, so is something we'd advise you check in with a doctor about to make sure you don't need any care.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I think I meant fissures.

I know, it wasn't a good idea to use undiluted apple cider vinegar, or even vinegar at all, I guess. Especially with the atrocious pain I'm feeling now. What can I do to sooth it? The pain from the fissures/acv tissue damage?

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're in intense pain that isn't going away (and it's been a couple of days since you posted so I'm presuming you've had the pain for all this time) the best place to start would be with a health care provider. Do you have one?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.