Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Condom Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom Question
Activist
Member # 95903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98217509812347         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming/hoping the condom was not defective or broken or torn or anything like that, if intercourse continues briefly (a couple minutes or so) after ejaculation and the man remains erect:

is it even remotely possible for semen to seep through the condom? I have read some places online that small amounts of semen can seep/leak through a condom even if it isn't broken/torn/defective.

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 95903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98217509812347         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please answer soon..
Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The concern with continuing intercourse after ejaculation isn't that ejaculate may seep through the condom, but that the condom may start to slip off as your erection starts to subside. So, to avoid any spillage, it is best to withdraw immediately after ejaculation.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 95903

So as long as the condom didn't slip off, and it wasn't broken or anything, there can be no spillage or ejaculate seeping or leaking through the condom?
Activist
Member # 95903

Is that correct?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the condom did not break and it did not slip off, you have nothing to worry about.

Keeping the condom on after ejaculation CAN lead to condom failure, but it doesn't constitute a failure in and of itself. So if you did that and nothing happened, you got lucky. In the future, you'll want to be sure to use condoms correctly. This article can help you with that:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 95903

And if it broke, it would be noticeable and pretty easy to tell, is that correct?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Yep. When a condom breaks, you'll know.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Activist
Member # 95903

Thank you for your time and help.
Activist
Member # 95903

Sorry, but I just have one more question to make sure I understand completely. So just to make sure: if after the intercourse took place, even if it continued for a couple minutes after ejaculation, you could see the ejaculate all at the end in the little tip of the condom where it's supposed to be, and there was no dripping, and the condom hadn't slipped at all, then it is safe to say that the condom didn't break or anything, and it worked completely and no ejaculate got out?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

As Joey explained, effective use of condoms includes withdrawing the penis right after ejaculation; however, none of what you've said here indicates that the incident you're talking about reflects anything to be concerned about in terms of how the condom was used.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 95903

Thank you again
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.