Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Period or Peeing Blood? Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period or Peeing Blood? Help!
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 4 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but this is really concerning to me.

I got my period (just ending it right around now) starting on October 19th. I believe it's coming to an end right now. I went to the bathroom just now though, and it appears as though I've peed blood. The reason I think it could be that I peed blood was that yesterday evening, I only had a couple of dots of blood on my pad, so I assumed my period was coming to an end. When I went to the bathroom just now, there was definitely blood after I wiped, but it didn't look thick and dark red, like my period blood normally does. It just looked like regular blood.

I had a UTI about a month ago and I took medication for it for a week. When I went back for a follow-up appointment, they said the UTI was gone. But this much blood when I went to the bathroom has me worried that maybe it hasn't gone. Is it likely that I still have a UTI?

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Menstrual bleeding can sometimes stop and start, so since your period was just finishing up, it seems likely that this was still from that. If you have any pain or burning with urination, or if there is still blood in the next day or two, then seeing your doctor would be advisable.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any pain or burning when I urinate. There is still a little bit of blood when I wipe, though. Not a lot, and from what I can see, it doesn't appear to me that I am peeing blood. But recently, my periods have been ending sooner than this. Usually I'm done bleeding within 4 days, and it's already the end of the 5th day. Is this normal?

Also, yesterday I went to the bathroom and when I wiped my backside, there was a little bit of blood on toilet paper. There didn't appear to be blood in the actual stool itself, but should I still be concerned?

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you did just have your period, and since it is not unusual at all for a period to last a day or two longer than you are used to, it makes sense to assume that what you are seeing is left-over blood from your period.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.