Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Precum without penetration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum without penetration
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jokow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Precum without penetration
I'm really scared right now about whether I'm pregnant or not..
It has been 5 days since I was with my boyfriend and we were playing around. His penis was touching my vagina and around it but he never penetrated. I honestly don't know if there was any precum but after were going to mess around again i saw there was precum and he wiped it off. But both those two times, I'm afraid I could be pregnant.
I'm getting really paranoid that I've been looking up pregnancy symptoms and things such as cramping, backpains, headaches, I'm feeling tense all around.. I'm so stressed and paranoid.. I'm too scared to take a pregnancy test and I don't know what to do..

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jokow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did say he urinated earlier before..
Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any time there is direct genital contact, there is a pregnancy risk. Without ejaculation, that risk is low, but it is still there, as well as a risk of STIs.

The first thing I'd say is to stop looking up pregnancy symptoms: they are not a sound way to determine pregnancy. (To boot, even if you were to become pregnant from this, the pregnancy wouldn't even have completed yet, and there's no way you'd be having any noticeable signs this soon - those usually don't start until the second or third month.) The only reliable way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test. And taking a test can be scary, I know, but it's the only way you can know for sure. Unfortunately, since this only happened five days ago, it's too soon to test, and too late to get emergency contraception (the morning after pill). So you'll need to wait until it's been at least two weeks since the risk - that's the earliest a test will be accurate.

In the meantime, if you want, we can talk about whether you think now is a good time for you to be engaging in sex. Happy to talk a bit about birth control methods too; when people are getting naked it's really past time to be talking to partners about safer sex.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5744 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

What are the chances that I am pregnant? I heard it was 1 out of 10 people..
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

Are there any signs (in the coming weeks) that I am 100% pregnant without the use of a pregnancy test?
Are there ways to see that I'm not pregnant?

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you not want to use a pregnancy test?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 870 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

I'm just really scared of it. I know I should, but I'm having pregnancy scares..
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're having pregnancy scares, that is all the more reason to take a pregnancy test at the appropriate time. I hear you saying that you don't want to get pregnant, and so I can see how taking a pregnancy test and possibly getting a positive result would be pretty scary. ...and it's a natural tendency to avoid what we're scared of.

A pregnancy test, either at home or at a clinic or doctor's office, is the only sure way to know if you're pregnant or not. Pregnancy is not something that generally just goes away by itself, so if someone is pregnant it's important to know as soon as possible so that that person has the fullest range of choices available to them.

ON the flip side, a pregnancy test can also tell someone that they're not pregnant, which can be a huge relief. ...and it's always nice to be able to stop worrying.

As Karybu said above, the sexual activity you describe poses a relatively small pregnancy risk, but there is, nonetheless, a risk.

At this point, it's too early for a pregnancy test to tell you anything. WE would be happy to talk to you more about what scares you about pregnancy tests, and, if you like, discuss birth control options and decisions about sexual activity for the future.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

Should it be a risk of taking a pregnancy test? I should be getting my period soon (1- 2 weeks), so if I do that should mean I'm pregnant? That's the same amount of time for me to wait to take a pregnancy test also..
jokow
Neophyte
Member # 95827

I mean like is the risk great enough to consider taking a pregnancy test?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since it is too early right now to take a pregnancy test anyway, you can wait and see if your period shows up. If it winds up being late, you can still test then.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9181 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Briana45
Neophyte
Member # 98198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Briana45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a similar situation and I'm afraid to get a pregnancy test. Im afraid of getting one at the store I just want some where to get one where no one will know, especially my parents

--------------------
+Jesus+

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Briana45, we ask that users make new posts for their own questions -- that way we can keep track of conversations more easily [Smile]

To answer your question though -- you can get pregnancy tests at stores, sexual health clinics, and usually other health clinics as well. However, no matter where you get one, I don't see how your parents would find out?

Posts: 1305 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.