Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » can i get pregnant? its urgent!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i get pregnant? its urgent!
Malik
Neophyte
Member # 97933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am 21 years old. my boyfriend and i were making out and i was giving him a hand job for the first time. he helped me through it and after he came, he gave me one.. and i am almost 100 percent sure that his hands were wiped before he fingered me but not washed. can i get pregnant because of this? Also, the nest day i was giving him a hand job and he did not ejaculate but pre orgasmic liquid came out, after that.. my hands were dry but without washing them i fingered myself.. can these events get me pregnant? please answer urgently because if yes then i will need to take the emergency contraceptive pill and i am really scared about taking it because of the side effects.
Posts: 4 | From: india | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Malik,
There is no pregnancy risk here.

Here are some articles I think you should take a look at, to learn more:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/whats_the_risk_easy_pregnancy_risk_assessments

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/chicken_soup_for_the_pregnancy_symptom_freakouts_soul

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, may I ask why exactly you would be so worried about emergency contraception's side effects? Just want to make sure that whatever you are worried about is based on actual fact...
It is definitely true that it can take a toll on your body, and some women can feel cramps and/or ill as a result for a day or two. Is that all you meant, or more?

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malik
Neophyte
Member # 97933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i mean can it cause any permanent damages, like any problem in getting pregnant in the future?
and another thing, my period date was 4th of october and these events were dated 20th and 21st october, and i think that this is the most fertile time, so its sure that i wont get pregnant right? or should i take the pill just in case?

Posts: 4 | From: india | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

No, there is no permanent damage- or actually any length of what I would call "damage," as side-effects are generally passing symptoms of some kind.

I am not sure what information you have been given about birth control and emergency contraception, but if your worry about "permanent damage" came from a similar source, I would recommend you read up more on these two things. So, emergency contraception actually contains the one of same hormones found in birth control. This is a hormone that already exists naturally within the body.

Malik, what details in the situation you've described have led to your pregnancy worry? How and where do you see how fertile you are coming into play, after reading my initial response?

We do not generally answer pregnancy risk questions, because all the information most people (including you) need for their particular question is answered in those articles I linked you to. I suggest you do read them, and here is one about emergency contraception too:

http://www.scarleteen.com/birth_control_bingo_emergency_contraception
contraception:

[ 10-23-2012, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

Malik
Neophyte
Member # 97933

i have read those links but i am not convinced. i just worried that what if the cum had not dried before i touched myself.. although my fingers and his fingers were not wet when we touched me but im scared that what if any sperm was left on our fingers and that travelled into my vagina?
im sorry to bother you.. but im really confused and 72 hours get over tonight and i need to know if i should have that pill or not and im worried incase i get any reaction from that pill. i know there might be a light fever and vomit, thats ok.. but what if im allergic to the contents?
please i really need to know that if there is no remote pregnancy risk at all then its better for me not to take the pill right? so should i not worry and relax? ill definitely not conceive right?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Malik,
It's really not possible for sperm to travel in the way you're describing. Sperm don't survive very long in the open air, and they don't just transfer from place to place. They need the properties of semen in order to move. Another way of looking at it is that if the semen makes any stops between a penis and vagina, such as on your hands or a piece of clothing, the sperm can't then move from there to the vagina, even if the area where they landed touches the vulva (outside of the vagina) or inside the vagina itself.

I think you might find this article helpful in understanding more of how reproduction works and just what exactly is required for it to occur.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction

The emergency contraceptive pill is hormonal; I've never heard of anyone having a severe reaction to it.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malik
Neophyte
Member # 97933

thankou soo much! [Smile] i feel much more relaxed now! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.