Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Very worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very worried.
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nat321         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!
Okay so this incident happened last Tuesday, September 25. I'm sorry, I don't mean to make it graphic and everything but it hasn't left my mind and I'm just making myself sick from it.
Basically, I was giving him a handjob then he ejaculated into my mouth. After that I continued with my hand but just for a couple seconds then it was over. I wasn't thinking, and I placed my hand by my vagina. Is there any way i could get pregnant from this? Yes, my hand was wet but I think it was from saliva. Though if possibly it did have some sperm on it as well, is it a risk?
Yes, i read through the the thread but I feel like it doesn't address my question.. An answer for this would really calm me down.
Also, I've felt bloated recently but I think it's cause my mind is just worrying alot thinking I may be pregnant. But I am expecting my period next week. For now I really just need some opinions on this situation so I can stop stressing cause that will not do any good. Thanks

Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Nat: welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

Can we ask you to look through this thread and the links in it first, please?

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67075 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nat321         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked into it. Some of the links will be helpful.
But nothing really addresses this situation.. I can't tell if this is a risk or not and if I should really be worrying. :/

Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were you able to read any of those links?

For instance, the Pregnancy Scared piece makes very clear that without DIRECT genital-to-genital contact or DIRECT contact of your genitals and semen, pregnancy risks are not posed.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67075 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There,

It does sound like you are very worried.

Let's start with this: From what you read, which part of what you described are you thinking might pose a pregnancy risk?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nat321         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hand was wet when I touched my vulva. I think it was wet from saliva i used as lube when I was touching his penis. But if there was ejaculate on my hand does it pose a pregnancy risk?
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Is sperm able to swim from the area around the labia lips into my vagina?
Heather
Member # 3

This is why we ask that users asking these questions please read those links first.

Can you please read them first, like we've asked all of our users to do? If you do, and you don't understand something, we're happy to talk with you about that to clear things up.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Read through it. Thank you Heather and Robyn.
Looks like no pregnancy risk I guess! Alot more relieved.

Heather
Member # 3

Sweet! And nope, there's really not.

Really, the risks involved in the situations you're describing here aren't pregnancy risks, but STI risks, primarily giving someone fellatio without a condom.

So, maybe it's a good idea to spend some more time on the site looking into what activities pose risks of what, and when and how to reduce them, so that moving forward, you can be sure you're making sexual choices you feel comfortable with?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

I will definitely look into that. Though, aren't there really no STI risks if I am my partners first and he is my first?
I understand how sometimes couples aren't honest about that, but if we truly are both being honest about that, then there isn't a risk right?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on what each other's "firsts" means. If it means first for all types of sexual activities, and you are both being 100% honest with each other about that, then the risk is very low.

The biggest risk in that scenario is that a person who has oral herpes can transmit it to their partner's genitals, usually only if they have an active sore.

Here are some articles to read.

The STI Files: Herpes

Without sexual contact, could I have an STI?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Thank you robin. I have one more question. How long can stress delay a period for?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcoem. [Smile]

There's really no way to figure that one out; in other words, there's no formula for it. The chemical changes in the body that are a result of stress can affect the hormones that control menstruation, but after that, there's no way to know exactly what impact they'll have.

The only thing to do with a delayed period is wait.

--------------------
Robin

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

I understand.
I'm also a bit worried because, usually a few days before my period, my breasts get very sore.
I'm expecting my period on Tuesday, but my breast aren't sore yet.. Does that mean anything?

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No that doesn't mean anything. PMS symptoms tend to vary throughout our lives and from month to month depending on things like diet and hydration, or for no reason accept that our bodies tend to vary from time to time.

--------------------
~ Saffy
Scarleteen Volunteer

To my Abuser: I'm seeing stars. I bet you can't do that.

Posts: 1265 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Thanks so much for all your help. [Smile]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're most welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

As I was walking to the bathroom I suddenly felt my underwear get very wet. I checked and there was a blob of discharge on my underwear. Almost enough to fill a water bottle cap.. Is this normal?! A few days before my expected period..
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Various forms of discharge are common. Discharge is only really a concern if it looks very different than usual -- green-ish, or white and chunky -- or if it smells different -- if it's very pungent. But if this is something you haven't experienced before, you can check in with your doctor. Here's an article with more info on various types of discharge:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

"is white or slightly yellowish and thick (but does NOT have curdy "chunks") -- much like the consistency of paste, this sort of discharge tends to occur during less fertile times in the monthly cycle"
Exactly what it was like. So this discharge is normal before a period because I am not fertile?

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's very likely that this is a totally normal discharge for you. If it continues for a while and is excessive or smells different, you can talk to your doctor, but other than that you're good. Sounds like you've got nothing to worry about here [Smile]
Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

I understand now! Thanks [Big Grin]
Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

I was supposed to start my period today and I haven't... I'm already worrying myself sick [Frown]
Heather
Member # 3

Periods rarely start on the exact same day of every cycle. We don't even, in reproductive healthcare, consider a period late within a few days of it being expected.

You say you're worried: knowing that you have not had any risk of pregnancy, so that's not something to worry about, what is it you think you are feeling worried about?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

I'm not sure why I'm so worried.. I'm having terrible anxiety problems with this. :/
So my hand was wet from saliva, but I don't know if it was also wet from semen. But if it was, and I placed it around my labia it is for sure not a pregnancy risk right?
I've been having cramps all day today and my breasts are sore. I hope that's just a sign of my period

Heather
Member # 3

So, when you read through those links, what did they tell you about indirect transfer like that?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Well.. i read that there isn't a risk when it's indirect.
I've been stressing alot this past month with school and family problems so it may cause my period to be late. I am having the symptoms of it. Fingers crossed it'll be here very soon!

Heather
Member # 3

Okay. So, you already know there isn't one.

I also think it's clear you DO know why you're so worried, and that it sounds like what you know is that this is triggering your pre-existing anxiety a lot right now. If you also have other extra stresses on your plate, that's not at all surprising.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

It's weird because my breast aren't sore anymore and I'm having no symptoms. I usually get sore breast before but they're not sore. Do you think I'm going to miss my period this month? The other day I had a lot of white discharge come out randomly so I was wondering could I be ovulating then? Which means late ovulation. I had cramps around then and sore breast
Heather
Member # 3

Ovulation is usually accompanied by a very thin, clear discharge, not profuse white discharge. Thick, white discharge is usually the kind we see wither when we're in the latter half of a menstrual cycle with a period on the way, or sometimes just after a period has ended.

We can't possibly predict what's going to happen with your period this time around, alas.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nat321
Neophyte
Member # 97540

Update, got my period! Yay! [Smile]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Glad to hear it. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.