Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » What exactly did he see?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What exactly did he see?
Anieke5656
Neophyte
Member # 97424

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Anieke5656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been sexually active for a little under a month now with my boyfriend, monogamous, and have been using a condom every time we have sex.

A few nights ago, we had sex once (with a condom) and then a few hours later (again, with a condom). Before the second time we had sex, he had urinated.

After the second time we had sex, he proceeded to perform oral on me within about twenty minutes of sex. He then stopped, and said he thought he saw something white around my vagina, or inside it, I'm not too sure. I rushed to the bathroom, and tried to see if it was any semen that had somehow escaped the condom. I didn't see anything.

I think that maybe it is my own vaginal secretions, because I asked it if was at all bubbly and he said it kinda was. Maybe it was just the secretions' reaction to a bunch of movement? Or his own spit?

Could it possibly be semen if we used a condom?
[Confused]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Anieke5656 and welcome to Scarleteen.

If you used a condom from start to finish for each time you had intercourse and the condom didn't break, then it's unlikely that what your boyfriend saw was semen. It's very easy to tell when a condom breaks; it splits or shreds noticeably.

It's likely that what your boyfriend saw was vaginal secretions, plus lubrication from the condom.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anieke5656
Neophyte
Member # 97424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anieke5656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay thank you!

And just another quick question, how big of a factor does stress play in delaying a period?

I have been super stressed lately, because for some reason I am paranoid that condoms don't work as well as they claim and that I am somehow pregnant from previous sex. And I know that if I am late because of my own stress, it would just tack on some more.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stress is known to affect when a period arrives. Stress hormones can cause changes with many systems in the body, including the menstrual cycle. How this manifests will vary from person to person.

Would you like to talk about your anxieties regarding condoms? If so, what is it that makes you worry about their effectiveness?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anieke5656
Neophyte
Member # 97424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anieke5656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would appreciate talking about that.

I don't know - I just have this intense fear of pregnancy. I guess growing up, my mother always would tell me how disappointed she would be if I got pregnant, things like that. And for awhile, that was why I would not have sex... because of that irrational fear I would get pregnant (I'm 20 now).

I knew that I wouldn't have sex without protection, and I trust my boyfriend enough to know he would never do anything I wouldn't want to. So he didn't pressure me to have sex, it was my decision.

I know condoms are reliable form, if used correctly, but I always wonder if I used them right. I've read countless articles on contraception, statistics... And I feel like they are freaking me out more than helping me.

I have an appointment on Friday to meet about birth control, because I think that will help my fears. But even then, I don't know how comfortable I will be with birth control only... and I know my boyfriend doesn't like condoms, and only uses them for my sake.

Should I double up my contraception to keep my anxiety down? Or just get over it?

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often, intense pregnancy fears, especially when you are using contraception consistently and correctly, can be a sign of something else going on: such as, not being completely comfortable with the sexual activities that you are engaging in, having shame and fear around sex, being afraid of being discovered by parents, etc.

So, I'd start by asking yourself if you feel there may be anything going on that is causing this anxiety.

As for your concerns around condoms, we have an article that explains how to use them correctly, so you can double check if you are doing it right:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

It is always a good idea to double up on protection, even when you aren't so super worried about pregnancy. Also because condoms are the only method of contraception that also protect from STIs. So even if you decide to try some form of hormonal protection, I would encourage you to talk to your boyfriend about continuing to use condoms, as well.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.