Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » need help desperatly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need help desperatly
scarednewwife
Neophyte
Member # 100891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarednewwife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband forced me into having unprotected sex,and now i m pregnant.got the blood test done and it shows 4 weeks of pregnancy.
i am recently married and just cannot have this child at this time. i live in Dubai. plz help me

--------------------
fiofragrance

Posts: 2 | From: UAE | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello scarednewwife and welcome to Scarleteen,

It sounds like you are in a scary situation indeed. I'm sorry to hear that your husband forced you to have sex in a way that you didn't want to and that you now find yourself pregnant when you didn't want that right now either.

I've done some research, and it appears that abortion is illegal in Dubai unless the mother's health is at risk or the foetus has some type of problem which would make survival of the baby unlikely.

What kind of support do you have from friends and famly to help you through this? I also want to check with you to see how safe, or not, you feel in your marriage?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarednewwife
Neophyte
Member # 100891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarednewwife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello robin
thnx for ur concern...i feel so alone and sad here and now that i m in this fix.
i am originally from india and right now convincing my husband to plz send me back home. termination might be possible there. but still i need to no what my options are??? what did u find in your research?? and if u can suggest anything in india.
plz help me...i have good support from my friends, but my husband and family are not much supportive. i feel safe in my marriage but its just that there is a lot of difference in our culture between girls and boys,hence my opinions on anything is null and void.

--------------------
fiofragrance

Posts: 2 | From: UAE | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scaredwife, I have passed your question on to a friend of mine who is also Indian and has been living in Dubai for a while. She's a medical doctor, so she should have a good idea of what your options are. I'll let you know as soon as she gets back to me!

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In India, as a starting point if you want one right now, I'd suggest you contact Marie Stopes: http://www.mariestopes.org/where-in-the-world#india

They can tell you what your options are. They are an abortion provider as well as an excellent family planning and advocacy organization.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi scared. I have heard back from my friend, and she, too, suggests that you go to India if you can, as you will have more options there. In Dubai, as you may know, you cannot have an abortion unless your life or the life of your fetus are at risk.

In India, you will likely have more options. (And Marie Stopes, as Heather suggested, is a great starting place. If you are comfortable sharing where in India you would be located, my friend would also be happy to point you towards resources.)

In India you could legally get an abortion, but it may be hard to find a provider who will do it if you do not have your husband's consent to the abortion. If you do get his consent, you should be able to find a provider fairly easily. Have you talked to him about your feelings regarding this pregnancy? Do you feel that having a conversation about that is a possibility?

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.