Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Spotting between periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spotting between periods
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovepink888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it normal to spot between periods? Or if you have a yeast infection?
Posts: 86 | From: Fiji | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast infections sometimes do come along with spotting.

And spotting between periods can be perfectly normal.

All we'd want to make sure of is that someone's sexual or reproductive health is in good order if that is happening, and certainly with a yeast infection, that they're getting some kind of treatment that's working for them.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68187 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovepink888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My period is due on the 10th and i thought i was getting it yesterday because i had some blood but now i don't have anything so i was really concerned. Ive never had sex just oral and fingering so i don't think i have a pregnancy risk. Should i have to worry?
Posts: 86 | From: Fiji | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've talked before about what constitutes a pregnancy risk and what doesn't, and I think we've made it pretty clear by now that oral sex and fingering don't pose those risks, okay?

(I think we've also talked in the past about how if when you have these kinds of sex, you keep worrying about your health or pregnancy, it'd probably be best to reconsider having them. When something keeps having us feel so freaked, it's usually not the right thing for us.)

It's not uncommon for people to experience spotting or very light flow before a period begins. As well, it's not uncommon for periods not to start on the exact day people expect them.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68187 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

What might cause light spotting before a period?
lovepink888
Activist
Member # 95931

like a few days before a period officially starts I mean..
Heather
Member # 3

Well, like we said, if someone has an infection, or if a period is beginning, which I'd say are the most likely culprits.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.