Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
Phoenix2784
Activist
Member # 58170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoenix2784     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently on a 28 day pill pack. I usually take my pill starting on sunday. I'm currently on the placebo row. I was wondering if I started a new pack tomorrow, would that stop my period from coming this month or would it just screw everything up? It usually starts on Thursday or Friday
Posts: 55 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you want to shorten your placebo week, essentially? You can do that, but there's no way of knowing what effect it would have - your period may not show up, but it might anyways, you might have spotting throughout the month, etc. Everyone's body reacts slightly differently to shortening or skipping a placebo week, and there isn't a way to predict how it will work for you.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.