Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Cycle Irregularities; Pregnancy Scares

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cycle Irregularities; Pregnancy Scares
LookingForHerPeterPan
Neophyte
Member # 96357

Icon 11 posted      Profile for LookingForHerPeterPan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, if this is in the wrong section, i apologize. A lot of these questions could go in multiple categories.

So about a month ago (July 18th and 19th, i believe) i got together with my boyfriend. The 18th i was just finishing up my period so all that came of that day was giving him a blowjob and he came on my chest. On the 19th though, he fingered me, both oral sex was given and received to each other (no vaginal intercourse), although i cant remember if he got cum or even pre-cum on his hands before he fingered me.

Just recently on August 5th, we had sex (first time for both of us, we lost it to each other). He had a condom and im also on the pill. He did have pre-cum on his penis before the condom went on, and im not entirely sure if it got on his hands, or when he put on the condom, if he got it on that side and then flipped it over to put it on correctly. i try to be wary about that.

my last period lasted for and extended amount of time (8 days) when it is normally around 4 or 5. I am not sure why this is, but after talking to my doctor, he said it could potentially be because of one or two missed pills in that previous month. its strange, because i tend to miss one or two pills each month (not on purpose of course. im human, i forget sometimes) and usually that never happens.

i have yet to get a period this month, so i am late. obviously. and im trying to figure out if it is because of last month's actions or this months.

if were getting technical here, it should have come on the 8th. i went back to the calendar to try to piece together if it was supposed to be later or earlier than i was thinking, and i came up with : January - Feb. the cycle was 20 days. Feb-March, the cycle was 28 days. March-april, i could not find what day i started my cycle in march, so that alters it. april-may, the cycle was 27 days. May-june, the cycle was 29 days. and June-july, the cycle lasted 22 days. i have had my period for 5 years now.

ive read a majority of the articles about what causes missing periods, and other posts from girls with partially the same issue. im just not sure if those days listed above mean anything (ie. am i irregular? is there something else going on with my body? etc etc)

Im freaking out, on whether i should buy a pregnancy test or not- i was the one who bought the condoms in the first place. and that was awkward enough. not really looking forward to the looks that i got along with them.

i really cant afford to be pregnant at this point in my life. and even if i was, i think i read somewhere that you cant have an abortion unless youre 17 and have a parents consent, so correct me if im wrong there.

I know you guys arent answering questions necessarily pertaining to things mentioned in my post, but it would help ease some nerves and give me a peace of mind.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like you already know, we are not doing step-by-step pregnancy risk assesments with people in direct services: did you use the links provided where you read that for yourself? If so, where did you have questions?

If you used your pill properly this cycle AND a condom was used properly, pregnancy really isn't something you have to be worried about.

That said, if neither or one wasn't used properly -- like the condom was put on wrong then flipped over, or you did miss pills, then since you have had the kind of sex that presents a risk of pregnancy and your withdrawal bleed is late, it'd be wise to take a pregnancy test, as that is a possibility.

(Per the timing of your bleeds, if you're not taking your pills properly all the time, then we'd expect that kind of variation with your withdrawal bleeds.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.