Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Question about pre-ejaculate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about pre-ejaculate
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebraman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was 3 weeks ago, one day after her period had ended.
After receiving oral from my girlfriend, I ejaculated. About 3 hours after this, (I might have used the bathroom, don't remember) I touched the tip of my penis and I got pre-ejaculate on my fingers. Then about 10 minutes after that (I wiped my fingers off lightly on my sheets) I fingered her. We then got freaked out and she got plan b and took it 24 hours after the incident. 1 week after taking plan b she had normal bleeding for about 3 to 4 days. her period is supposed to come sometime soon (she has irregular periods) so I've got bad anxiety about her maybe becoming pregnant. Today she had a bad mood swing, same with yesterday. Is this just PMS as well? Thank you and please please respond

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Zebraman, welcome to scarleteen. We are currently not answering pregnancy risk assessment questions right now. We do have all the information you need to be able to assess the risk for yourself, as well as an explanation as to why we're doing this -- all of which you can find here:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebraman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. And I'm sorry for posting this. But I am having a very difficult assessing myself on this situation. I was hoping someone who actuall knew what they were talking about could help me just this once. So if someone could that would be great!
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Zebraman,

One thing to know about emergency contraception is that it can, for some people, alter the menstrual cycle for a couple of months after they take it. Since your girlfriend has irregular periods already, she may not notice much of a difference, but I thought I'd mention it.

How about we go through assessing this together, okay?

After reading the information we've provided, what questions do you have?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

I can't tell If my situation was indeed a risk or not. I had precum on my fingers at some point, but after about 10 minutes of various wipes I'd figure that the precum would of dried prior to me fingering her. Basically what I'm asking is, did anything we did pose a risk of pregnancy? And because of the low risk situation, should the plan b of put my worries to a rest? She was having bad mood swings but I'm pretty sure this is just PMS as her prior SHOULD be soon..
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on what you've read, does dry pre-ejaculate on fingers pose a pregnancy risk?

It sounds like you're asking if the mood swings could be a sign of pregnancy. Is that what you're asking? If so, the answer is that regardless of the risk level, it would be far too soon for any pregnancy-related changes to become apparent.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

I can't figure that out. I also was wondering if precum would ever be able to survive the transfer from my penis, to my hands, and then to her vagina. After all this IS just precum.. Well the symptom was what made me uneasy yesterday. But I figured this was just PMS related. If you could just help assess my risk level that would put my mind at ease.
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

Also, Thankyou for responding super fast, it means a lot.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zebraman, did you see these sections of the Pregnancy Scared article?

quote:
Have you not had any kind of sex at all (and were not sexually assaulted), but are worried because of something like touching a partner's hand then touching yourself, or using a towel that may have had dried semen on it? These kinds of scenarios do NOT pose risks of pregnancy. Sperm and ovum need specific conditions in which to co-create a pregnancy, and these ain't them.
quote:
Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where everyone had clothes on and no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present any pregnancy risks, though some can present risks of STIs.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

I did read that, now I have a question about it. It states "touching a partners hand then touching yourself". That is not what happened to me. It didn't go hand to hand.
It went straight from my penis, to my hand, to her vagina. But with that being said, is that the same thing as "touching a partners hand then touching yourself"? If that didn't make sense please let me know and I'll try to explain better

Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

Even considering that at some point I know I had precum on my fingers? Or can precum/sperm not survive the transfer from penis, to hand, to the vagina?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You got it...the sperm that is in ejaculate and is sometimes in pre-ejaculate really can't survive that sort of transfer. Plus, sperm need the fluid of ejaculate to help them move and do what they do.

--------------------
Robin

Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

So, just to clarify, and agree with me If you could, please. Direct transfer of precum from penis to my hand to her vagina doesn't pose a risk of pregnancy? Along with the fact she also took an EC. And when I say I "wiped" my hands. Must this be like an actual wipe down to dry out sperm? Or just any contact with any material in general? These are my last questions. Thank you for withstanding my questions..
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, going from penis to hand to vagina isn't direct transfer. Direct would be if you had ejaculated onto her genital area.

As soon as there are any stops in between, or you catch yourself thinking about possible transfer routes, you can be sure that there is no risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

Thank you so much for answering. That's the type of answer I've needed for a while. It's just that I find soo many places on the Internet that say pregnancy CAN occur this way. But most the people that say this are on places like yahoo answers.. Etc. can I now rest assured about this? Thank you again.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Glad to be able to help!

I don't know if you saw this the first time around, but just in case you didn't, I suggest you give this article a read through:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

The article explains in detail how you CAN get pregnant, and once you have a good grasp about that, you can stop worrying about all those other, unlikely scenarios.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Zebraman
Neophyte
Member # 96389

Thank you once again! That helped me a bunch. I figured that my situation couldnt lead to pregnancy. But just to clear this up, when you said stops in between.. You were saying that my hand would be the stop In between for the sperm? I was confused on that. You guys are truly great. Should of came here a while ago and I should have stopped reading on google

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.