Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could I Be Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I Be Pregnant?
Laurel222
Neophyte
Member # 96359

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Laurel222     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My period is three days late, and I'm worried. I've had two different scenarios this month. He had his pants on both times, but I did not.
The first one, as soon as my boyfriend got to my house he fingered me, and his hands were dry, nothing was on them. We hung out for like an hour then he fingered me again. I left the room for like 5 minutes. He promised he didn't touch himself, but even if he did, and had a little bit of pre cum on his hand, his hands were dry when he touched me, (no fluid on them). He has also touched other stuff before touching me down there.
The second time, he washed his hands before touching me, so nothing could be on his hands. I rubbed the outside of his pants, could pre cum have seeped through his pants onto my hand? I touched myself about five minutes later, but had touched other things after his pants, like his back and my bed.
Is there any way I could be pregnant? We had no genital contact, his pants were on the entire time, so the only thing that worries me is if precum came through his pants and onto one of our hands. (If it had gotten on our hands, we had wiped it off on something and neither of us had fluid on our hands while touching me down there.)

Posts: 9 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Laurel222,

Periods can be late for lots of reasons, including stress, illness (even mild illness like colds) or just our bodies deciding for the heck of it that they're going to do something different this month!

To learn more about late periods, you can take a look at this article.

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Right now we're asking people to assess their own level of pregnancy risk based on the tools we've provided. You'll find everything you need to determine whether or not you've had a pregnancy risk, and if so, what you can do about it, at the link I've pasted below. If you do have questions or concerns about any of this, we're always happy to talk about it further.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurel222
Neophyte
Member # 96359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurel222     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read all of those articles and I feel like none of them address my situation [Frown] What I am wondering is if pre cum was on his hand, then wiped off, then fingered me, is it possible to get pregnant?
Posts: 9 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laurel, here are a couple of quotes from the Pregnancy Scared article that Robin linked you to that I think answer your question:#

quote:
Have you not had any kind of sex at all (and were not sexually assaulted), but are worried because of something like touching a partner's hand then touching yourself, or using a towel that may have had dried semen on it? These kinds of scenarios do NOT pose risks of pregnancy. Sperm and ovum need specific conditions in which to co-create a pregnancy, and these ain't them.
quote:
Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where everyone had clothes on and no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present any pregnancy risks, though some can present risks of STIs.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.