Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could I really be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I really be pregnant?
Mookie
Neophyte
Member # 52401

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past month or so I haven't really been feeling like myself. First off I'm always hot, I wake up in the middle of the night sweating and having to pee or I can be doing any normal day activity and have to pee extremely bad. I feel the urge to vomit after eating or just the sight of food makes me sick to my stomach, sometimes I'll even be so hungry but cannot eat because I don't want anything I don't have a taste for and other times I choose not to eat because there might be a metallic taste in my mouth while I'm eating. I sleep like I haven't slept in days, I have back pains and stomach cramps for no reason at all. My nipples have been very tender to the touch (even my own) and they've been itching. I've noticed my face breaking out, which I am not used to, sudden headaches, and an increase of vaginal discharge, that has no smell and is white and milky like. Normally I would've went to the doctors when the symptoms first began but my menstrual cycle has been coming on, late but nevertheless its been on, although this month it was light and stayed on for about three days. I took three at home pregnancy tests weeks after one another and they all turned up negative, then my mom told me no woman in my family has ever passed the urine test. Is this enough reason to go get tested or should I just stop worrying because my period is coming on? [Confused]
Posts: 13 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Mookie,

One thing I'm not clear on here is whether you've been engaging in the types of sexual activity that can lead to pregnancy. If so, have you been using birth control? How long ago was this sexual activity?

Let's start there, okay? [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mookie
Neophyte
Member # 52401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have been engaging in sexual activity that could lead to pregnancy, I am on birth control but I'm not too good with pills. I have been doing good keeping up with them bit there have been occasions when I forgot to take it, then remembered and picked it right back up.
Posts: 13 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you forgot your pills, how late were you? Did you remember to take them within 12 hours of your pill time, or was it later than that?

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9004 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mookie
Neophyte
Member # 52401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I remembered within that time, I was never extremely late taking them when I forgot
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright. So it sounds like you should be well within the typical use rate of the pill, which is around 92%. Since you've also been getting your period and have had negative results on a pregnancy test, it's safe to say that you are not pregnant.

So, your next step would be making an appointment with your doctor, to sort out why you've been feeling so unwell.

[ 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9004 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mookie
Neophyte
Member # 52401

That's good to hear, but I believe I'll still go get tested because my fiancé' just informed me of his stomach hurting and him vomiting.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Well, if he has the flu, maybe you've been passing a bug back and forth between the two of you. Sounds like it is time for you to see a doctor!

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Mookie
Neophyte
Member # 52401

Yes I remembered within that time, I was never extremely late taking them when I forgot

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.