Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Fling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fling
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I generally use the pull out method with my partner, last time my ex and I had a fling, he did something that really made me mad and I am unsure how to address it. He cummed inside me knowing I wasn't on birth control. He told me later that he knew I couldn't get pregnant due to I was on my period, still---I am hurt. I feel disrespected, insulted, and unsure of myself. I want to avoid him, but my father just hired him after he told him his sob story of how he needed a job and is now over almost every day... What should I do? I don't want to tell my father what happened or lie. I am unsure what this means for me when I am around him and fear he is trying to own me. I hate him yet I believe right now in his life I am his only life line. I am emotionally confused as to what I should do.
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry this happened to you, lil_kiwi! What this guy did is not okay. It is a form of abuse that we call reproductive coercion - when someone tries to control or take away your reproductive choices. That is exactly what this guy did, and it is extremely disrespectful.

It's also not necessarily true that you cannot get pregnant during the period: unless you chart your basal temperatures and cervical mucus, you cannot be sure when you ovulate. When did this happen? If it was less than 120 hours ago, you can still obtain EC.

As for where to go from here: Can you talk to your father about this? If you don't want to tell the whole story, you can still just tell him that you and this guy went out a few times, he treated you badly, and you don't want to have him around you.

What else can we do to help you?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.