Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Crazy worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crazy worried
mrgk
Neophyte
Member # 40924

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mrgk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this website to be very helpful and comforting a few years back so I'm hoping I can get the advice again...I'm not on birth control pills but I am sexually active (so stupid I know). On Wednesday June 20th I was sexually active with my partner a bunch of times during the night..we used a condom but everytime sex was initiated we started without a condom. My last period was June 5th which means June 20 was day 14 of my cycle; I assume I was ovulating but I didn't know and I remembered the morning after so I took norlevo. Ive taken norlevo before and it was not effective and i got pregnant but in my previous relationship, my partner came inside... now I'm 5 days in and I'm stressing out due to the fact that precum could have gotten me pregnant since I was ovulating..my next period is due first week of July... What are the chances that I might be pregnant?

--------------------
mrgk

Posts: 18 | From: dubai | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI mrgk and welcome back!

Using condoms is a very effective form of birth control when they're used effectively. As it sounds like you know, starting intercourse without the condom does decrease it's effectiveness.

How long after the sexual activity did you take norlevo? It's still possible that it will work for you even though it didn't the last time.

At this point you've done everything you can do. At this point, the only way to know if you got pregnant is to take a pregnancy test 14 or more days after the sexual activity, or once a period is late, whichever comes first.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrgk
Neophyte
Member # 40924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrgk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took norlevo about 15 hours after it happened...am I supposed to start bleeding after taking norlevo or is my period supposed to come when it is supposed to?

--------------------
mrgk

Posts: 18 | From: dubai | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There,

You took it well within the first 24 hours, which much increases its effectiveness.

Everyone's body reacts differently to emergency contraception. For some, it doesn't affect their menstrual cycle at all, while for others things are thrown off for a few months.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrgk
Neophyte
Member # 40924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrgk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply...one last question, is it too soon to take a pregnancy test?

--------------------
mrgk

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI There,

Yes, it is too soon to take a pregnancy test. Pregnancy tests are known to be accurate 14 or more days after the risk.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.