Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » One night of partying might have gone too far?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One night of partying might have gone too far?
dazed90
Neophyte
Member # 96029

Icon 4 posted      Profile for dazed90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so last Saturday I was with a friend of mine and we both got wasted. As far as I know, I remember absolutely everything that happened, except for little details, such as conversations and whatnot. I know that we made out, and we got to be in our underwear. He fingered me, and I touched his penis for a bit. I'm almost sure that we didn't have sex, or I would have noticed, right? Like, as far as I know, the only vaginal penetration that there was, was him fingering me. I would remember if he would have gotten on top of me. I know that I sat on him at one point, but we were wearing underwear and his penis didn't go inside me, because it wouldn't have been that easy. This was all the day after I finished my period. Ever since then, I've had a weird feeling in my stomach, and I had some brown discharge yesterday. Today I felt discharge and I ignored it, and about 10 minutes ago I went to the bathroom and looked at my underwear. The discharge appeared to be dark brown like if it was period blood. I wiped and I was clean and that was the end of that. So I'm now confused, because my friend said that we didn't have sex either, so I can't be pregnant, right? Should I go get tested for pregnancy, in case neither of us remember having sex? I'm so confused, please help! I'm 18, still living with my parents and about to leave for college. My parents don't trust me (since before this incident; I've never done something like that before). I really don't need this in my life right now. I've never had sex before, and I don't want any surprises in the future!

[ 06-14-2012, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: dazed90 ]

Posts: 13 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi dazed90,

First, to put your mind at ease, pregnancy symptoms do not show up this early (it actually takes a week or more for the implantation to occur) so the the things you are experiencing are not related to pregnancy.

The sexual activities you're describing don't lead to pregnancy. There needs to be contact between unclothed genitals for there to be a pregnancy risk.

It sounds like you're pretty anxious about this, though, and you're not 100% sure you didn't have intercourse. A pregnancy test (a home pregnancy test or having one at a doctor's office) might go a long way towards easing your mind, though, as I said, the sexual activity you do remember really can't lead to pregnancy. Pregnancy tests are considered accurate 14 or more days after a risk has occurred.

How are you feeling otherwise (other than worrying about pregnancy) about this sexual activity?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dazed90
Neophyte
Member # 96029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dazed90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm extremely confused. Cause I'm not 100% sure if I had sex and I don't want to have to go through a pregnancy scare. I mean, if I did have sex, since I'm a virgin, my vagina would have been really sore, right? Not a little sore (since all he did was finger me as far as I know).

The other thing that has been bugging me is the discharge that I've been having. Today it was yellowish clear with traces of brown, and I'm not sure what that is. My stomach no longer hurts.

Another friend of mine went and told me that the friend I made out with had HIV and I got really scared, but later on he told me that it wasn't true. I'm pretty sure he said it out of anger after finding out all of this.. and well that's basically all that has happened during the week.

Oh, by the way, this is a hypothetical question, because it could have happened and it's a possibility since I was drunk and whatnot, if his penis touched my vagina but it didn't go in, can I still get pregnant?

Posts: 13 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there was direct genital contact - his penis touched your vulva or vagina - then yes, that is a pregnancy risk. As Robin said, even though the activities you do remember don't pose a risk of pregnancy, a test can go a long way towards giving you peace of mind. A full STI screening would also be a very good idea, given that you're not sure you remember everything that happened. If you need help finding a healthcare provider to get that done, happy to have a look and see what might be available in your area.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5779 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.