Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » threw up last pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: threw up last pill
degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for degrassifan18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tonight i threw up my last pill in my pack before my pill-free week. i usually start taking my pills again next saturday, should i start the pack a day early instead?

i'm also looking for a bit of reassurance - i had sex a few times, and i think the base of the condom was tight, but the rest of the condom seemed somewhat loose. i got my period about 3 days after my last encounter (there is a 7-hour time difference so i don't know the exact timing). should i be concerned still? i felt fine until i decided to google (i know, stupid -_-) and basically now i'm convinced that this could be one of those "you can still get one last period" things.

help? [Frown] i like to think of myself as educated about this stuff inside and out but when emotions come into play i panic.

Posts: 35 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for degrassifan18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just read your new policy on the second part of my question, sorry about that. i guess i'll just have to wait and see on that front [Frown] though i am curious: if the base of the condom seems snug, should there be any concern if the rest of the condom seems rather loose?
Posts: 35 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey degrassifan18,

How long after taking your pill did you throw up?

As to condoms, so long as the condom doesn't fall off, either partially or fully, it's effectiveness isn't likely to be compromised. Was the ring of the condom snug around the base of the penis? If the condom seems a little loose, it's probably a good idea for your partner to try some other brands and sizes of condoms, to see if there is one that is a better fit. Sometimes this takes some experimentation.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

I threw up about 15 minutes after I took my pill. Normally I wait to take it when I feel sick but I'm trying to push back my pill taking hour so I didn't want to delay it any further.

From what I recall the ring itself seemed snug. When things were done it still was in the same place, it just looked somewhat scrunched up. Perhaps I'm just used to bigger partners who only have the tip as the loose end.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ideally, the whole condom should be snug except for the tip. Again, it doesn't sound as if your condom was compromised, only that your partner might want to try some different brands to see if there's one that fits a little more snugly.

Since the pill you threw up was the last active one in the pack and you're using another method of birth control, you're fine to just start the new pack when you normally would.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

Ok. I was just concerned as I was worried if it was one of those situations where you shouldn't start your pack late. Would it be okay if I were to move my pill starting date up a day just for peace of mind?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

yes, that should be fine. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

degrassifan18
Neophyte
Member # 47946

Thank you!!! I really appreciate the work you guys do. You're a very rare resource that we need more of.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.