Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: questions
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am on birth control but after my last pack ended i had to wait a week before refilling because I forgot to get it refilled. While I was on my period (withdrawal bleed) I had a tampon in and my boyfriend and I were messing around and he came on my back. He quickly cleaned it off. I thought we were ok but but lately I have been feeling a little sick in the mornings. I was wondering if there is any chance that I am pregnant.
PS-This was on either may 21st or 22nd and I started my new pack on 27th.

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IN order for pregnancy to even be a possibility, there needs to be direct contact between that ejaculation and a vulva or vagina, or between a bare penis and a vulva (outside of the vagina) or inside the vagina.

Since you took a week off between your pill packs, it's a good idea to use a back up method of birth control for this cycle if you're going to be involved in any sort of sexual activity that could lead to pregnancy.

Take a look at these articles for more on what is and isn't a pregnancy risk.

Pregnancy Scared?

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you [Smile] I understand now

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

The thing that keeps bothering me is that I keep getting sick in the mornings (as I did again this morning) and I also read somewhere that thick white discharge is also a pregnancy symptom and i also have that now.

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Have you engaged in any sexual activity lately that could lead to pregnancy?

You might find this article helpful?

Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

--------------------
Robin

rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Only the above scenario
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If it would ease your mind, you certainly could take a home pregnancy test.

Also, as the pregnancy symptoms article I just linked points out, there are usually many causes besides pregnancy for any physical symptom someone might experience.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.