Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Vomiting during placebo week

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vomiting during placebo week
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anael1238     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does vomiting during placebo week affect bc pills effectiveness? It was my last day on my placebo pills and I vomited once. I start up my active pills tomorrow.
Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it doesn't affect the effectiveness at all. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anael1238     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thanks!

Just a question, when people take birth control pills do they feel it going down their throat? Im taking lutera and sometimes I get freaked if I DONT feel it, kinda like maybe I spit it out or it ended up back in the cup of water that Im sipping from. That would be kinda impossible wouldnt it, the pill just slipping into the cup of water. Sorry, this "anxiety" tends to come around my first week back on active pills and goes away after a day. I guess I just need someone to talk me through it and make me realize its somewhat silly.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let's think about it this way. Do you always feel food slipping down your throat?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

no!
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Oh like feel it when they swallow the bc pill!
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If you don't generally feel it when you swallow food, it's not likely you'll feel the pill go down, particuloarly since most birth control pills (not sure about yours specifically) are tiny.

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Mine are tiny >< when swallowing pills wih water, it's generally hard for them to end up in the cup unless you somehow maneuver it to? They can't just end up there by accident no matter how tiny?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

With a mouthful of food, would it end up in the water without you doing something intentional?

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

No >< so I should just assume I took it and didn't miss it even if I didnt feel myself swallowing it?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sounds like that would be the logical conclusion. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Hi again! Sorry I just experienced some mild spotting while on the pill. I'm having the most terrible migraine and that's when the spotting occurred. Idk if this means I did miss the pill, the one I was worried about ending up back in the cup of water but I feel like that's so unlikely or could this just be some random occurrence again? The last time I has spotting was when I took an extra pill the previous cycle before that cycle but I haven't taken any extra pills or any late. I'm just worried that maybe I didn't swallow that one poll but I'm being overly paranoid
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Hi again! Sorry I just experienced some mild spotting while on the pill. I'm having the most terrible migraine and that's when the spotting occurred. Idk if this means I did miss the pill, the one I was worried about ending up back in the cup of water but I feel like that's so unlikely or could this just be some random occurrence again? The last time I has spotting was when I took an extra pill the previous cycle before that cycle but I haven't taken any extra pills or any late. I'm just worried that maybe I didn't swallow that one poll but I'm being overly paranoid
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

So sorry I didn't mean to double post! I hit the back button by mistake
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Spotting is a fairly common side effect for people who take the birth control pill.

--------------------
Robin

anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

It's really unlikely that this spotting is from missing a pill right, like you said the pill can't get in the cup unless from maneuvering of my own so I should just chill on this?><
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's incredibly unlikely - as Robin said, spotting is a pretty common side effect of the pill, and I really don't see any reason to think you might have missed a pill.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anael1238
Activist
Member # 94117

Ok thank you so much for your help !! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.