Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Ugh! Am scared!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ugh! Am scared!
Mel B
Neophyte
Member # 95893

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mel B     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I think I may have an STD...I haven't had intercourse in about 2 months now and I rarely had unprotected sex...
A few months ago I started seeing a slightly thick discharge but it went away so I paid it no mind....then in recent times any vaginal penetration causes 5x as much pain and it feels as if something is blocking the entry of my vagina from the inside
it also itches sometimes and burns...but only periodically
[Mad]

I want to go to the doctor but I'm scared to find out the result and having to share this with my parents!!! [Frown]

What to do??? Help please...
[Confused]

[ 05-27-2012, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Mel B ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Mel B and welcome to Scarleteen,

What you're describing certainly could be symptoms of an STI (sexually transmitted infection) or they could be symptoms of an infection, like a yeast infection. Either way, it needs to be checked out by a doctor. I know it's scary to think about what the results could be, but the sooner you get the results, the easier it will be to treat whatever this is.

Are you able to make an appointment and get to a doctor or clinic yourself?

IN the meantime, would you like to talk about what it is that makes you so afraid to talk to your parents s should the results turn out to be an STI?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.