Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Seriously worried, affecting my life.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seriously worried, affecting my life.
hello kitteh
Activist
Member # 95624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hello kitteh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have done a ton of reading here over the last few weeks and thought I could finally relax over my pregnancy risk but yesterday I realized something that shook me up really bad and I can't seem to feel better.
I have read many times that ejaculate can't go through clothes, as long as there are no visible holes. But last night, my boyfriend was over and he was wearing some shorts of his that we had been "dry humping" in. I had noticed a wet spot before, and it made me realize, if I was humping him naked, and he was just wearing underwear and these shorts would there be a risk? I worry because I asked him if I could see how thick they were and I realized when I put my finger underneath his shorts, I could see my finger from the outisde, pretty easily, through little holes in the fabric! This freaked me out. So I guess my question is, if we were humping and I'm naked and he is wearing underwear and these shorts that do have small visible holes, am I at a risk? Or would the fabric that's there still soak up enough to prevent a pregnancy risk? Please help, I've been trying to talk to a counselor and I can't get ahold of them, and I'm really freaking out.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello And Welcome to Scarleteen!

So, just so I'm understanding: your boyfriend was wearing two layers of fabric--shorts and underwear--and you were naked. Correct?

If one person is wearing at least one layer of fabric, assuming it's not a thong or something that can get pushed aside so there is contact between naked genitals, there isn't a pregnancy risk. Sperm just aren't powerful enough to get through fabric and potentially lead to pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hello kitteh
Activist
Member # 95624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hello kitteh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's correct. I'm just worried because his underwear aren't thick at all, but they aren't able to be pushed aside I don't think, they come a little down his leg. And I was worried because I could see little holes in his pants, as the fabric wasn't woven very tightly. If his penis had somehow slipped out of his underwear inside his pants that had these little holes, would there be a risk?
Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would likely have known had that happened as you would have felt something different. Knowing how men's underwear fits it seems pretty unlikely too.

Also, it sounds like he didn't ejaculate during your dry humping. Is this correct?

I hear that you're really alarmed by this. There is no pregnancy risk from what you describebut it's still making you nervous. Have you been able to talk about your nervousness with your boyfriend? Sometimes when this type of thing makes us nervous it means that we might want to make some changes, either by changing the sexual activities we engage in to ones that don't make us as anxious about pregnancy or by using birth control to reduce the anxiety over possibly getting pregnant. What do you think of this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hello kitteh
Activist
Member # 95624

I have talked to him, it really doesn't make me feel better at all. I guess I'm worried about his penis coming out of those flaps that a man pulls his penis out of to pee. Are you saying it's pretty hard for that to happen? And also that one layer of his pants even with the tiny holes are enough to keep me safe? what if I were wearing leggings while doing this, I know they are very thin but would it reduce the risk?
hello kitteh
Activist
Member # 95624

And no, he did not ejaculate, but there was precum.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

When a guy goes to the bathroom, he has to actually take his penis out of those flaps. Otherwise, the flaps stay closed to protect his penis during daily activity.

Not being able to see the clothes you're talking about, I can't tell you for sure, but what I can tell you is that sperm can't get through clothing.

What you're describing, humping with clothes on, no ejaculation, tells me that there was no pregnancy risk.

But it does tell me that you're still very worried about this. Would wearing leggings help you feel less anxious? Do you think that you would feel more comfortable if you and your boyfriend took a break from these types of sexual activities?

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.