Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Sperm transferral from mouth to fingers... Will I get pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm transferral from mouth to fingers... Will I get pregnant?
zebrasuit19
Neophyte
Member # 95027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zebrasuit19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, this might just be me being a little paranoid but today I was fooling around with my boyfriend and I gave him oral and swallowed it. He doesn't cum very much but I've "researched" that there's loads of sperm in one ejaculation. Anyway, a few minutes went by and I was a bit dry down there so I sucked on two of his fingers before he rubbed the saliva into my vag (there wasn't mush since I didn't really spit on his fingers) and then he fingered me. Is there a chance that I'm pregnant and should I buy the morning-after pill just in case?

Sorry and thank you.

Posts: 10 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen!

Please may you read this first: Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zebrasuit19
Neophyte
Member # 95027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zebrasuit19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mm, I understand that if it's dried up the sperm will die... But some sources state that sperm lasts hours and others up to 10 minutes in saliva. I'm really scared and confused and have been crazily trying to research this topic but there's so many different answers.
Posts: 10 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The great thing about the Internet is that information is available at the click of a button. That's also its biggest downfall. [Smile]

Sperm needs a very special environment in which to survive. That environment is the seminal fluid, and the "support", if you will, of all the other sperm. Having traces of seminal fluid in your mouth doesn't mean having live sperm in your mouth. There's just no way for them to survive.

Another way to look at it, as you read in the article Ray gave you, is that sperm can't make any stops on the way from penis to vagina (with the exception of the outside of the vulva, which is pretty darn close to the vagina) and still survive. Make sense?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zebrasuit19
Neophyte
Member # 95027

I'm sorry that I'm back, but I have something to confess. I over the past year I've taken around 5 morning after pills after even just foreplay, no sex or anything where I've been worried under a case similar to the one I posted above. Do you think it was irrational of me to have just taken EC just to ease my worries? I'm also really scared of going to the doctor and asking for the pill, because I feel too young (17, almost 18) and I've never been without my mother... Who knows nothing about my sexual life, and I want to keep it that way. Sorry for the super long post, I'm really curious.
zebrasuit19
Neophyte
Member # 95027

Also, abortion is technically illegal in australia, and only lawful if it is to "preserve the woman from serious danger to her life or physical or mental health." So if i were to accidentally do something like this again, which I'm taking extremes to ensure I won't, should I take EC just in case? Like do you think, if i were to give my boy a blowjob, swallow, then suck his fingers and then let him finger me, there would be a pregnancy risk? I'm sorry but I'm such a worry wart and want to ensure myself 100% or just stop playing around altogehter. [Frown]
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is not pregnancy risk with what you describe. However, it sounds like you would feel a lot better if you were more protected from pregnancy. You could choose to not do things that make you feel anxious about pregnancy or you could talk to your doctor about birth control. You are almost an adult, after all, and eventually you will want to go without your mother and be able to talk to you doctor about important things like this, right?

Blowjobs do pose an STI risk as well, so since you are sexually active now you really should be getting tested regularly. You can also use a condom for oral sex to reduce risk.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zebrasuit19
Neophyte
Member # 95027

Oh alright, thanks so much! I have a couple of planned parenthood agencies I hope to visit sometime soon :-) Thanks once again!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.